I was having so much fun with my Hunter T.Mk.7, that while some filler was drying, :thumbsup: I commenced work on the Meteor kit that has been appreciating in intrinsic value in my stash. I was pleasantly surprised to discover I have 2 of these kits, one included an Aeroclub Mk.8 conversion. A bit of research revealed RAAF had on strength a NF.11, A77-3 in overall white, used as a chase plane in the Blue Boar trials.

Work commenced on the cockpit and fuselage insert.

114866020.jpg

The fit was ok, well, it fitted where it touched. Hint. Assemble the whole of one side (nose half, main fuse half, tail half) and allow it to dry on a flat surface. Then, the next session, fit the opposite side parts.

114866019.jpg

I ended up filling the gaps with slivers and bits of stretched plastic. The parts underneath fitted better than above.

114866017.jpg

I’ll be masking over the raised and recessed surface detail before filling. I need a bigger putty trowel. This will have to be pretty smooth as gloss white is a mongrel to apply and then it shows all the flaws.

G

Cool! Anything particular in mind?

I've more-or-less decided to knock all my British jets over, one way or another. :o Novo Javelin F.A.W.-9R anyone?

The Meatbox is currently emitting filler fumes out on the verandah. I'll give the Hunter another once-over tonight. Wet sand on the weekend, maybe the Meteor will be up for primer by then.

G

• 3 months later...

Well, after an extra-ordinarily long time with just an hour or so per week invested, the Meatbox is resembling a built model. After a fashion that is. I didn't put enough ballast into the ample nose and resorted to pouring some bird-shot and transparency glue through a hole in the nose gear well. It worked. The budget brand paint was a bust. Buy good model paint.

129109420.jpg

Still lots to do, paint the tanks aluminium and u/c doors white, fix the canopy framing which tore rather badly upon removal of masking. Possibly re-do the fractured port upper roundel and place the serial number on the rear fuselage.

Another report will come when completed. :thumbsup:

G