New releases from Mike Grant Decals

Just got the latest screen-printed sheets back from Microscale. Sheet 48-044 features three P-51 Mustangs: P-51B 'Ding Hao!', the most accurate decals ever released for James Howard's famous plane; P-51D of the Chineses AF piloted by Capt. Hsu Chi-Hiang, a colourful NMF scheme; and 'Lil Margaret', F-6D (reconnaissance version of the P-51D) flown by Capt. Clyde B East.

Sheet 48-008 offers four Fi-156 Storch options for the 1/48 Esci kit. There's a Swiss, Bulgarian, Luftwaffe and captured RAF desert scheme on the sheet.

Finally, the previously ALPS-printed Air America sheet has now been screen-printed 48-034, offering a variety of sizes of AA lettering and flags. Although listed as a 1/48 set the various sizes will be suitable for other scales.

Please visit my webiste for more information, please note that all prices shown include post/packing in N. America. Thanks for your continued support!

Love your work, as always! :thumbsup:

P.S. Your sig link is outdated :blink:

Thanks Mark- and I've updated the signature link :cheers:

They look fantastic. Might be time to buy another P-51B.

Thanks David. The Ding Hao! decals give you an option for both types of P-51B canopy. I did them to fit the Tamiya kit but there's no reason at all why they wouldn't fit the AM or Pro-Modeler kits.

Now do Ding Hao   in 1/72 as well :o pweese

Sorry Chuck, it just doesn't make economic sense for me to do the decals in 1/72 scale. Despite all the 72 guys requesting new releases in the smaller scale, the fact is that they just don't sell. For example my B-17G Thunderbird and B-24D sheets are available in both scales, but the 1/48 sheets have outsold the 1/72 sheets at a rate of about 12:1. And I suspect the other decal manufacturers' experience will be somewhat similar. It's not a personal preference issue- I build in 1/72 myself- it's purely economic.

(Despite what I just said, I am working on some 1/72 jet instrument decals MoFo...)

Just got the latest screen-printed sheets back from Microscale. Sheet 48-044 features three P-51 Mustangs: P-51B 'Ding Hao!', the most accurate decals ever released for James Howard's famous plane; P-51D of the Chineses AF piloted by Capt. Hsu Chi-Hiang, a colourful NMF scheme; and 'Lil Margaret', F-6D (reconnaissance version of the P-51D) flown by Capt. Clyde B East.

Sheet 48-008 offers four Fi-156 Storch options for the 1/48 Esci kit. There's a Swiss, Bulgarian, Luftwaffe and captured RAF desert scheme on the sheet.

Finally, the previously ALPS-printed Air America sheet has now been screen-printed 48-034, offering a variety of sizes of AA lettering and flags. Although listed as a 1/48 set the various sizes will be suitable for other scales.

Please visit my webiste for more information, please note that all prices shown include post/packing in N. America. Thanks for your continued support!

Mike:

Please tell me the technique you used on the top of the wings on that B-17 you built. I love the discolored and varied shades of OD chipping you acheived around the engines.

Amazing, man!

Please share.

Bob