CH-47D to MH-47E?

hi all

would be possible to convert the new(est) trumpeter kit of the D version to the MH configuration?what is the best choice for a book as a guide to build this one beast?

regards and thanks in advance for any response! :cheers:

peter

The kit is claimed as an "A" model, but looking at the test shot, it has the blunted trailing edge on the rear rotor tower, the cooling cutout in the front of said tower, and the angled root on the rotorblades - all hallmarks of a "D".

Let me correct myself - the sprues on display at the IPMS Philippines site show bits for BOTH versions. Obviously, Trumpeter will be doing multiple variants.

http://www.ipmsphilippines.com/reviews/tru...n/trumpchin.htm

Edited by RotorheadTX

My guess that trying to make an E model would be too much work. But you could get away with making a "super D" that the 160th guys in Savannah fly. It has all the lumps and bumps, refueling probe but lacks the enlarged fuel tanks and the radar nose cone. This would obviously be a an option worth considering.

My guess that trying to make an E model would be too much work. But you could get away with making a "super D" that the 160th guys in Savannah fly. It has all the lumps and bumps, refueling probe but lacks the enlarged fuel tanks and the radar nose cone. This would obviously be a an option worth considering.

Actually the MH-47D's do have the radarcone. There were a whole load of pics on airliners.net up till recentely but they've been deleted strangely.

Koen