Hello, i bought a F117 1/32 old revell kit, with very poor details.

I would like to scratch a lot of things specialy engine compartement and bomb bays.

I bought the squadron walkaround but the quality of picts is very poor.

I search good internet references to have informations on structure lines (maps) and maintenance picts.

If someone can help me in this big and interesting project.... :o

Thanks a lot hawkhornet, any detail pict is rare...

of course doing a black plane is a complete new way of painting,

it is interesting to see that on some picts i have seen, panels turn into a dusty greyish-black and others get more shiny texture instead of the original flat black.

my other concern is i can't see if there is any rivets on the black paint or if it is completely smooth.

another thing, it seems that the engines have to be removed by 2 big panels under

the central airframe if it is right, that would give me (with the engraved panels) the position of the engines in the plane.

but i also notice that 2 big panels can be removed on the back-top of the plane as an access to the engine exhaust. But on most of the picts, there is no structure lines at this place.......mystery :beer4:

anyway, thanks for helping :thumbsup:

Richy, as I understand it the USAF applies some sort of RAM 'paste' to the panels, making them flush with no lines showing. I'm near-certain that I've seen a cutawy drawing of a -117 once, but I can't remember where. I guess that would be a big help, assuming that it's accurate.

:thumbsup: