SR-71 1/72 kits...

Ok, i need to know the best kits of the blackbird and nighthawk in 1/72. I have the Testors 1/48 Blackbird but its a little too big. I would also appreciate any other stealth/ "area 51" aircraft suggestions as im not really clued up about modern hardware!

Thanks

The best 1/72 F-117 kit is Hasegawa's. Just be aware that there is a very old one, based on the first photos that is a caricature of the aircraft. Their later kit comes in two versions, one with a weapons bay (and which is only issued periodically) and one without.

Regards,

Murph

Yes, the Testors B-2 in a nightmare--but it can be completed. One thing that gets lost in the shuffle of all the negative comments about its fit is the one problem that can't be fixed--the angle of the canopy frame is wrong. It should be straight up and down, but Testors angled it back!

I've built the Academy and Monogram SR-71As, and recently completed the Italeri version. It has camera aperatures in the floor - but has a very perculiar fuselage breakdown.

However its the only one you can build a trainer from:

ItaleriSR71Blackbird.jpg

Haven't measured any of them for accuracy, but would probably go for the Academy version simplicity of construction.

:cheers: