102nd FW / MA ANG F-15As

The 102nd FW is due to start receiving F-15Cs from Kadena starting in January, only to then transfer them to Barnes and the 104th FW a couple of years later.

Thanks for looking,

Ken

Brilliant thinking, that is. <_< Then they have to make Barnes compatible with the Eagle....

Great stuff, Ken. Too bad about the weather.

Jake

The 102nd FW is due to start receiving F-15Cs from Kadena starting in January, only to then transfer them to Barnes and the 104th FW a couple of years later.

Thanks for looking,

Ken

Brilliant thinking, that is. <_< Then they have to make Barnes compatible with the Eagle....

Great stuff, Ken. Too bad about the weather.

Jake

thanks Jake....

no kidding, eh? And, thankfully Otis is staying open, but no mission is defined yet. So, they recommend closing Otis to save money.....then they keep it open, and move the jets to Barnes to replace their A-10s, and have to build facilities to support an alert mission. :blink:

Ken

Ken, nice pics, I especially like the last "Heavy Rain" shot ...

no kidding, eh? And, thankfully Otis is staying open, but no mission is defined yet. So, they recommend closing Otis to save money.....then they keep it open, and move the jets to Barnes to replace their A-10s, and have to build facilities to support an alert mission.

Our Tax Dollars at work ... <_<

Gregg

Gregg, David, Jeff, Jeremy and Ming - thanks guys!

Jeff....yep - not only money, but I was told it was like a "civil war" - pitting states against one another, and units within states.

Ming, yeah on the GB, not sure I can participate, but I am anxious to see the great work by you guys.

I was monkeying around in Photoshop with some ideas on markings for one of their jets to commemorate the end of their mission, and came up with this. The Wing commander seemed to like it, at least the idea. I hope they do, and think they will.

Thanks to Andy Mullen for the base F-15 artwork. :lol:

Ken:

Great Pics. You and Jake serious need to consider doing coffee table books!

It seems BRAC is increasing not decreasing costs. Our local airlift wing (910th) survived but it's still unclear how many aircraft they'll have and the unit 70 miles away is losing it's planes yet the base remains open.

So what is the criteria for maintaining unit lineage? Does the 104th FW have a longer and more distinqushed lineage than the 102nd FW? How's that to work?

Mark

Thanks Dan! You would felt at home here all last week. I am not sure what Kadena will be getting - F-15s from elsewhere, or the F-22. I didn't think the F-22 was going there so soon, if at all. I thought Alaska was next.

Thanks Craig - I look forward to the CD - thanks!

Mark, thanks! The 101st FS was founded in 1921. I am not sure on the 104th FW / 131st FS. At one time, the 131st FS reported to the 102nd FW (as well as the 136 FIS, I think, out of Syracuse). My understanding is that the 104th would remain the same designation. What the 102nd FW will become is still a mystery.

Cheers

Ken

and lastly, 77-100 again showing the torrential rain.

Thanks for looking,

Ken

Pfft...your normal everyday rain shower here in the UK,especially this time year ;)

Great pics as allways Ken :cheers:

I Hope they go with something like your tail artwork....you never know it could a another decal sheet oneday...and lets face it you can never have enough F-15 decals :(

and lastly, 77-100 again showing the torrential rain.

Thanks for looking,

Ken

Pfft...your normal everyday rain shower here in the UK,especially this time year ;)

Great pics as allways Ken :cheers:

I Hope they go with something like your tail artwork....you never know it could a another decal sheet oneday...and lets face it you can never have enough F-15 decals :(

well, I think the rain was headed east, so you guys should be getting soon.....we got something like 15 inches of rain in 8-9 days

Thanks Gary - it would be nice if they used a variation of mine, but I just want them (and others affected) to mark the occassions with something!