A4KU loading during 1991?

I am now making the A4KU Free Kuwait by Fujimi, but it is shipped with 3 drop tanks and a pair of rocket launchers only, any guru know what the A4s actually loaded with during Gulf war 1991? I got some pics in Wing of Fame which show only drop tanks were loaded...

Thank you very much in advance. :thumbsup:

Eddie,

Mk 82 Snakeeyes (frequently on a triple ejector rack on the centerline and single Mk-82's on the outboard pylons) for a total of 5. Also single Mk-20 CBU's on the centerline and outer pylons for a total of three carried. The inboards almost inevitably carried external tanks.

Regards,

Murph

Thanks Murph

It sounds great for 1 + 3 + 1 mk82 option, I think I may go for it.

btw, did they carry AIM9 on outer pylons like Israel A4s? Also can A4 use 3 + 6 +3 mk82 option? sounds more powerful but too heavy for them ;)

Thanks a lot~ :lol:

Edited by eddie_hk

Eddie,

The ones I saw at Dhahran and in pictures didn't carry AIM-9's just air to ground stores. That doesn't mean they were incapable of carrying them though. Not sure on the heavier weapons load, but I would suspect that's a bit too much weight for aircraft T.O. limits and certainly more drag than they would want operationally.

Regards,

Murph

btw, did they carry AIM9 on outer pylons like Israel A4s? Also can A4 use 3 + 6 +3 mk82 option? sounds more powerful but too heavy for them :lol:

3 - tank - 6 - tank - 3 would not work. You'd rip the outer pylons right off, they couldn't take the load. If you wanted a heavy loadof snakes, I'd recommend 1 - 5 - tank - 5 - 1. The forward inner station of the MER would be left empty due to clearance issues (forward MLG door). As long as they weren't planning on going too far, but wreaking maximum devastation when they got there, that would be an entirely reasonable load. :cheers:

• 16 years later...