Yes Mike it is a good kit.I am building 2 of them for my latest diorama "Memories of Flight School" that is going to the Canada Aviation Museum.One will be a Canuck version and the other a JN4D.I hope to have the diorama finished in about a year.Cheers! John. :thumbsup:

Bri2k,well thank you.I beleive that dioramas are the highest expression of what we do as modelers.It really is the art side of modeling and you dont even have to build from scratch.You get to play producer,director,stage manager,author,set director,carpenter etc..etc... you name it.You can tell a story and even get your viewer emotionally involved in the piece and isn't that what art is all about? If you haven"t tried a diorama yet ,why not give it a go? Cheers! John. :worship:

I'm currently working on "weathering" a 1/1 "diorama" of an '82 chevette with a busted tranny up on blocks in the front yard. B)

Seriously, thanks for keeping us posted on the progress of your work John. Your stuff is absolutely without peer!

Looking forward to more pics,

Bri2k

Edited by Bri2k

:) Hi John,

Thank you for those new pics. You are another one who has a great creative flair. And you seem to do it so easily and quickly I think there might be just a little more of the technician/pilot in you than you realize. I say that from the heart of one who has in the past been both pilot and aviator, is now only an aviator at heart but hopes to one day soon get back into the air again.

;)

Ross.

ps I think your effort on the Travel Air just goes to prove what I have said above.

Your right Ross,I am a little of both.The most fun I ever had was in the 60s helping out in the National Airshows when they preformed near here.I was born a little late for the barnstormer era but I feel most comfotable there.I love old airplanes flying them,building them or modeling them.The thing that I enjoy most now is passing this on to the younger generations.My dioramas are donations to the Canada Aviation Museum to be used for educational purposes.Thank you for your kind comments.Cheers! John. :cheers:

:worship: No probs John. Did you get my email? The golden age seems to be the era I'm tending towards. I wish I could find more time to volunteer my time to the Tiger Moth restoration facility at Luskintyre about 40 km from where I live. One day. Maybe this Saturday I'll get up there again and put a few nuts and bolts in somewhere.

:thumbsup:

Ross.

Ross,the plans that I have are for a 1/6th scale RC model.These plans were produced by Bill Seidler after he visited JLW in person and took all the pics and mearurements he required for an article he did on the airplane for the magazine Model Builder Vol 8 # 82 Nov 78.

I dont even know if this magizine is still around.On page 144 of that issue they advertise these plans as #11781 available from model builder plans service in CA.I have a set of these plans as well as smaller version from the magazine article.

Cheers! John. :cheers: