Here's the start of my GB entry.

This is the kit I'll be using

Meteor001.jpg

Armstrong-Whitworth Meteor NF.14/12/11. I'll build it as an NF.13 ( :P ) from the IDF/AF. The IDF/AF scored the only known A2A victory of a Meteor nightfighter, when they shot down an Egyptian Il-14 transport.

I started painting the cockpit area. According to the instructions it should be black, and I'm not one to argue :cop:

Meteor002.jpg

Meteor003.jpg

Meteor004.jpg

Meteor005.jpg

I've painted the intake blanks black too, as well as the inside of the inlets and nozzles. The Pilots were given to me from a fellow ARCer, as this kit doesn't have them. I think they're from Airfix. The kit itself was supplied by another ARCer, and a third ARCer gave me an original Matchbox stand for it. The decals I'll be using came from a fourth ARCer in a trade, IIRC. I doubt I'll ever again build a kit that's so gentle on my wallet :D

:unsure:

• 2 months later...

Sorry - no pics

Build is wobbling along. The wings are on, although they're not pretty. I had the cockpit coaming nearly smooth, then found out I had used the NF.14 coaming and not the NF.11/12 one. The wheelbays are closed, and a notch cut in the belly tank for the stand I got (sorry - I can't remember who gave it to me. Breadboard?). Of course, the notch is a bit too far forward, and I'll have to glue the stand. Basically, this kit has been fighting me all the way and motivation has been hard to find. I will get it finished tho', extension or not! An extension would, however, give me more time ti figure out which colors are right, not just rightish. Hopefully someday, a long time from now, when my skills have improved, I'll make another one and do it justice.

:)

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys, but it's just not gonna happen :(

I feel like this kit has been fighting me all the way, and for the past 6 weeks life has gotten a bit in the way too (new job/career). My offer of a Me410 as a raffle prize still stands, Mike just needs to tell me who to send it to :o

:lol: