I'm fairly certain that it hasn't actually been released yet. None of the major European e-tailers have listed it as arriving in stock, none of the various German webzines have posted previews, though they often post stuff a week before it hits the street. And Revell's site doesn't actually list it as being released, just that there's news about it.

It's going to be a while yet.

At last, was in local model shop today (thankyou Mr Jamieson!, ...and Mr Scott) and bought one of these beasts.

I haven't been able to get a look at the kit yet as my wife took more of an interest than normal and had the box open, informed me I need to replace the internal ladders with etch, and add some more detail to the internal cranes, before I could blink!!!!!!!!!!! :P

I never cease to be amazed!

Eng (who's now off to have a look at my AN-124 hopefully!)

:monkeydance:

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to note; I got my 2006 Squadron catalog and I do not see that kit anywhere in there. MY LHS won't order it yet since it seems to be in short supply here in the States. I don't know about Teddy Salad, but it takes forever to get anything new up here!

Hello,

which color would be correct for the grey underbelly and the wings of the Antonov? I want to avoid Revells instruction of mixing two colors. Is there a perfect match from Humbrol? And what would be the Humbrol equivalent for Revells “farngrün†360?

:rolleyes:

chris

26-11-05

Well guys, I help out in a shop in Shannon, Co.Clare, Ireland that sells models kits and we had 2 in stock just recently. This is cool because the An-124 comes in and out of here all the time. The people who bought hte kits were the flight crew.

They came in the shop and almost fell over with joy when the saw the kits. They had the box open ( with our permission) in seconds and scrutinized the contents for almost 1/2 an hour!

When satisified that it was almost 99.99% accurate, they bought one then and called back 2 days later for the other one.

A day later another Russian called in and was almost broken-hearted to find none left!!!

Soooo, I reckon if it's acceptable to the flight crew, it must be ok!!! :banana:

Guess we'll have to get a few more....and by hte way, anyone looking for one...we're ordering a few more during the coming week...if you want one, let me know and we'll try get a good price for you..but the postage might be a bit ( box is big..could flat pack it if ya'll want!)

Need to know by Wednesday, payment via paypal.

Cheers

Liam

yeehahireland@yahoo.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday at Aviation World YYZ. Beautiful kit!! I'll have to make mine option 5, nose and back open - got a diorama in mind..can't wait to put it next to my Galaxy(which I should "update" into AMC gray).

I wonder how hard it would be to use this interior on the Galaxy, just making a few adjustments...

Will we sometime see a C-17 in this scale?(I know it's on the "most wanted" list..)

Now I need to get some 1/144 AFVs and sorts...