Hello,

which color would be correct for the grey underbelly and the wings of the Antonov? I want to avoid Revells instruction of mixing two colors. Is there a perfect match from Humbrol? And what would be the Humbrol equivalent for Revells “farngrün†360?

:D

chris

Chris,

Go here, but as you will see, not all equivalent colours are given. HTH.

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/s...arts_revell.htm

Tom

Now I need to get some 1/144 AFVs and sorts...

Or an 1/72 An-124 :banana:

Btw last year the italian government rented a Ruslan (from volga Dnepr I think) to bring back the Axum obelisk (it was taken in the 30's during the fascists military campaing in Africa and placed in Rome). The An-124 got a quite good media coverage as it transported the obelisk back home.

Yuri

Just arrived in our local Hobby Shop last week and I picked one up.....don't tell my wife! I haven't had a really good look at it yet but so far I like the way the interior goes together, it will be easy to add a little bit of plumbing to it. Now I have to decide which markings to use, the decalling may take as long to apply as it takes to build the kit!

Ted :cheers:

F-DCAL just released a set of Antonov Design Bureau decals for this kit:

an124-sheet1.gif

an124-sheet2.gif

an124.gif

-Mike

Thanks mike,

Only a pitty that they din't put also the Ukrainian flag on it. But the rest is there.

I hope they will get it here in the shop too.

Joachim

ouch, wait, i just saw the price of the sheet. 20 Euro! wooow. that's not cheap :whistle::nanner:

Edited by joachim
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi chaps heres what the An124 looks like from the box.

CRW_9521.gif

And heres the decal sheet,full of stencils.

I saw three AN-124s today but none of them are represented on the decal sheet. I did see RA-82079 and RA-82080 though. :bandhead2:

Regards,

Has anyone here in the USA been ablke to get this kit yet????? My local Hobbytown has it in their distributor's catalog but he can't get them yet. What is up with this???? Same crap happened with the Airfix 1/72 Concorde kits.

Squadron does not list the kit in it's 2006 main catalog, which seems a bit strange to me. I heard that an independant hobby shop in the North Seattle area got hold of a couple of kits but they are gone and unknown when more will be in. He only got 2 in the last shipment.

I saw a couple on EBay. But the prices are higher than the shop in Seattle!

Edited by ipms33206
Has anyone here in the USA been ablke to get this kit yet????? My local Hobbytown has it in their distributor's catalog but he can't get them yet. What is up with this???? Same crap happened with the Airfix 1/72 Concorde kits.

Try Joe Farrell over at Model Airliners he's listing them at $33.00 and Joe is a great guy to deal with, I just got some Minicraft 777's from him, 10 days from ordering to in my hands and I'm in the UK, I guess it'll be even quicker within the US.

I may order through Model Airliners. Went to my LHS today and he still has no estimate for the shipment of the kits to him. Could be months! Took a year to get a 1/72 Concorde, and then it was the Heller version not Airfix.

Ordered one today from Model Airliners. 1/27/2006. Thanks for the tip!

Edited by ipms33206

hello friends.

I have the kit since november05 and all I can say is that it is fabulous. I've started the test build few days ago and I'm surprised how perfect the fit of the parts is and how it is all going together very fast.

What I'm affraid of is the thin and soft plastic of the hull, if it is gonna resist the weight of the wings.

06.jpg

07.jpg

Edited by Vladimir Begera
I have the kit since november05 and all I can say is that it is fabulous.

No it's not, it's terrible and it's inaccurate and un-detailed and I really shouldn't buy one! :taunt:

I'm trying to resist temptation, I don't want to hear how good it is. :thumbsup:

Question about the kit; Can the nose of the aircraft be made to be in the up position? That will dictate wheather I put any cargo in the thing. Thanks.

Yes, you can choose to have it open or closed.

Joachim