Desert Strom Buccaneer Decals and Weapons

I thought I give the Airfix Buccaneer a go, I've read plenty that says it's a bit of a dog but I picked it and the Neomga Resin set up for a pretty good price.

Unfortunately the aircraft they chose for the Desert Storm aircraft in the kit is probably the one with the most boring nose art.

Now I've seen the Model Alliance Decal sheet and it looks nice, BUT man is it expensive, and there's no way I'm going to pay that, plus I only want to do one aircraft. Anyway to get to the point.

Has any seen/heard of Modeldecals Gulf war Buccaneer sheets, Meteor Products have them at a resonable price. The part no's are MD109 and MD110. Even google hasn't been my friend when looking for these. :bandhead2:

Or does anyone have an unwanted/half complete Model Alliance sheet they wouldn't mind selling <_<

Also has anyone seen a photo of a Buccaneer with LGBs. My references say they dropped around 48 weapons and these were carried on stations 2 and 3. They ditched the AIM-9 and Slipper tank(if thats what it's called)

Thanks to anyone who can help

PM me your email and I can send you a British LGB for your Bucc if you want. I might also have a Laser pod somewhere.

If you want other add weapons / aftermarket to you Bucc I would recomend the Flight Path set, loads of PE to jazz the bucc up and weapons.

http://www.djparkins.clara.net/fltpath/fpmaster.htm

Julien

Modeldecals only produced 1/72 sheets, so that won't help you. After several weeks the Buccs did carry an LGB, and there are pictures of them with an AIM-9M on the left outboard station, designator pod on the left inboard, LGB on the right inboard, and ALQ-101 ECM pod on the right outboard. You might want to check here for photos and info on Desert Storm http://212.158.133.3/pages/en/menu.html

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
PM me your email and I can send you a British LGB for your Bucc if you want. I might also have a Laser pod somewhere.

If you want other add weapons / aftermarket to you Bucc I would recomend the Flight Path set, loads of PE to jazz the bucc up and weapons.

http://www.djparkins.clara.net/fltpath/fpmaster.htm

Julien

Hi Julien, Thanks for the Kind offer. But I've ordered the AMRAAM lines LGBS's so I'll let you offer it to someone who needs it.

Thanks again

To all the others who have replied so far thanks

Buccs mainly carried Laser Designator pods in the early stages of the conflict to lase for the Tornado & ,to a lesser extent,the Jaguar, until we got the TIALD pods ( we only had 2 or 3 & these were named after 'Viz' the fat s***!)

Merv