111th FW Hawgs in Maryland

does anyone have any ideal why the PAANG is here at Martin State Airport. There are about six jets sitting dispersed throughout the line, and they have been here now for a week. I know somewhere in the BRAC planning, the 103rd was to acquire the Hawg's outta Willow Grove, however, I didn't think BRAC worked that fast. Any info fellas on why these jets are here. BTW the look fantastic too, they don't have any ferry 'bags' loaded up, so a trip across the pond doesn't seem to be the case, they do have two luggage pods however. :nanner:

Edited by B-ONE27

Can't give you a good answer, but the Folks from Willow Grove just finished up their Snowbird AT here on the 14th. Three Hogs stayed behind for the ANG Commander's conference, so maybe the six other jets that were here went to Martin for a few days before heading back to WG?

Boom 175 - You reading any of this? And - Are you guys still planning to visit early next month?

ATB -

- Rip -

huh ha, I like that one P-38guy :nanner: I though the same thing. They arrived last saturday, and it appears as if they have even been flying some local night training sorties, because I often seem them lined-up at last chance around 7-8 pm, and the next morning, the ramp has been rearranged... they have even spread them further along the ramp over where the C-130J's sleep.

The runways are being repaved at Willow Grove, so the A-10s are on a field trip until they can go home.

That's stellar. Wasn't NAS/JRB WG designated for, like, near-immediate closure by BRAC? "Gee, let's repave several thousand feet of runway and close the base a month later." Somebody please tell me that's not the thinking here...

Curtis

Before I moved up to Brunswick and started drilling/flying as an 0-4 with VP-92... my squadron was VP-64 (now VR-64) down at NAS Willow Grove...old saying is if they start to build a new gym or BOQ on the base.... get ready for the base to shut down.

Well the new BOQ/Visitors Quarters should be visible from the road as you drive by the front gate... they were about 60% complete when I left there over a year ago.

The runways are under construction...hence the reloaction of the A-10's.

Cheers All

The runways are being repaved at Willow Grove, so the A-10s are on a field trip until they can go home.

Jake

What the man said! Although I prefer to think of them as :thumbsup: "bench-stock" :worship:

Hehe

J/K

Boomer