Interesting dio idea

Hi Ross,

yes, indeed, the modeler did an outstanding job :)

I especially like the cool & relaxed pose of the Luftwaffe pilot leaning against the aircraft. The whole scene has a very 'relaxed' atmosphere to it. I love the grassy base with the flowers. It's got that - "wind blowing through the grass in the summer breeze"- kinda feel to it :( . The modeler depicts this very well. Did you notice the grass is not all bending towards the same direction? It really looks like a real breeze is flowing though it. What skill! :)

Also, to detail such a tiny aircraft to such a marvellous extend,....well, I think the modeler must either have excellent eyesight or great, steady hands ;)

That is very nicely put together......

I am liking the aircraft/gyro??? never seen on before......and of course the whole package is also super....

Cheers

Brian a.k.a Mr B

Its a nice idea, but its not carpet. I translated the article in babelfish and the author sez he got some fur samples from his wife. Looking at it, I don't think I've ever seen carpet that fine. I think i'm going to take a run over to the local Sally Ann or Goodwill, see if they have any old fun fur garments and give it a whirl.

He gave the fur a trim with clippers, which gives it the variable length, and then painted it, dry brushed it and formed it while the paint was drying. The swirling pattern does a real nice job of replicating the grass after a chopper lands there. Take a look at photos of choppers and you will see.

Over all its a very nice way of doing this, and I think a good bit cheaper than using that mat stuff you can buy at railroad modelshops.

Thanks for pointing this technique out to us.

Sabre

He gave the fur a trim with clippers, which gives it the variable length, and then painted it, dry brushed it and formed it while the paint was drying. The swirling pattern does a real nice job of replicating the grass after a chopper lands there.

Thanks for the translation, Sabre :wave:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are welcome.

Babelfish is very useful, but man, the tranlations are sometimes a hoot to read. Hysterical laughter often results.

Sabre

:thumbsup:

Even better if you translate from english to another language, then back to english. I tried it wish Japanese once...

Yeah, gotta love Babelfish. I think we've discovered the translater that Trumpeter uses for their boxes and instruction sheets! (Ever read some of those?) :thumbsup:

Curtis

Edited by Holeshot