I've posted this on other forums, but had to show it off here as well. It's the Monogram 1/48 kit with aftermarket galore. I haven't built a plastic airplane model in thirty years (yikes! I'm old!). I've never: postshaded, used PE, used a resin aftermarket set, never dropped a flap or moved a surface, sprayed Future or used a vac canopy. Squadron, True Details, Eduard, Super Scale, Koster, Cutting Edge, Aires, Verlinden. The base is Verlinden's Compass Stand with foamcore surround. Figures to come! There's a Tamiya Kettenkrad and Verlinden Starter cart, too.... Lots of scratchbuilding and every hatch opened up. Full interior and bomb bay, too! PS- Photos by my brother (in-law) Art Homa- cheers, Art!

Heinkel_Main.gif

Heinkel_Tail.gif

Heinkel_Nose.gif

Heinkel_Spine.gif

Edited by chukw

A most exellent build and its my favourite He-111 unit,- the elite Kampgruppe 100.

The wooden antenna mast is just wonderful, but I think most Knickelbein equipped aircraft had 3 in a row along the spine.

Is this Luftwaffes maritime scheme? :rolleyes:

Thanks, David- I was cross-eyed when posting this late last night. I'll have to check that bomb bay pic from home- it worked in the preview last night.... :cheers: That interior pic shifted really green- it's RLM grey 02. If only I'd added a little lip of styrene to the fuselage that #@%$$ canopy wouldn't have fallen off twice! I masked it three times, btw... :D :thumbsup: