this is the revell 1/32 F-4F wild horse boxing and as the deadline is getting real close and still a lot to do im actualy making some major progress latley.

the scratch build cockpit is getting there just need to make the instrument panels and the rear end of the rio panel and the rest of the details

but heres what i made so far

OOB it looks like this

pic007918jh.jpg

i made it look a bit busier and added detail to the sidewalls so now it look likes this

pic012536nv.jpg

pic012605ok.jpg

pic012617ds.jpg

pic012521ac.jpg

back to modeling c yall later

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

made some more progress

Ok im realy moving on right now the main gearwells are done as the two

doors that open on the ground

anyway here are the main gears

pic012684lm.jpg

i just added some wires and sanded down the top of the gear because

the gear it to long i just need to sand the tire a it flat and im set but thats gonna be for last

pic012664ju.jpg

and here are the wheel wels

pic012693ts.jpg

normaly you should cut them away and scratch new ones, because they are to shallow, but since time isnt on my side no more i decided to leave it as is and just make it look a bit busier because theres no detail in here OOB.

pic012709hl.jpg

i just glued the two wing halves together so im hoping i can join it all up with fusulage halves tonight and im starting on the flaps now and then its off to the front wheel bay and the instrument panels

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

well basicly you take a n°11 blade and styrene rod i think its 0.5mm

and you cut it in verry tiny pieces/ lenghts and repeat that over and over

and over again until you have enough to do all the switches and fuseboxes

hope this explains it a bit ooh and may i add trail and error take you a long way

i had to cut a lot before i got the hang of it.

greetz STB :cheers:

frederick jacobs

• 5 months later...

Wow its been a while since I posted someting on my F-4F :bandhead2:

but as time passes by I still work on this beauty too :wave:

anyway i also got round to slap some paint on her

heres how all of that looks like

this is what I managed to spray in the session

post-54-1146000086.jpg

here are two pictures showing the gear bays and the airbrake bay, the latter being preshaded only

post-54-1146000120.jpg

post-54-1146000180.jpg

the main gears got painted too

post-54-1146000214.jpg

all of the doors got the preshade

post-54-1146000268.jpg

and last but not least the setas got painted black too

post-54-1146000324.jpg

voila thats all for now

Hope to show you guys some more in progress soon

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

Well i use the books that airdoc have these are supberp for the german F versions and im planning to use their decals too wich are also of verry high quality

I also use some old but good in detail and scale books and some ref pics i got from the internet and other fellow modelers

For the record i know the GB ended a long time ago but i want to keep this thread maybe if the mods could change the name :thumbsup: i dont know

hope to have some more in progress soon

greetz STB

frederick jacobs

• 1 month later...

Sa 3/06/2006

I got round to sit at my bench again for longer then 15 minutes and I decided to try something out wich I can use for future builds as well

I got working on the exhaust and I made the flaps, well the masters anyway so I can remake them in alu sheet later on.

Any way the exhaust OOB lacks the detail that is all around in the exhaust of the phantom, so I decided to add it myself rather then buying a resin set.

I first started off sanding the existing raised details off. Then I added pieces of styrene rod and placed plates over them then I cut a lot of triangles and put those on too.

post-54-1149340950.jpg

then came on the plates and the triangles to hold them when done with that job it looks like this

post-54-1149341283.jpg

post-54-1149341495.jpg

Ive completed one so far so here's a picture next to the OOB one

post-54-1149341550.jpg

on the airframe it looks like this I also temporarely installed the flaps so you get the idea on how I wanna pose them

post-54-1149341990.jpg

Last one

post-54-1149342052.jpg

thats all for now I hope to finisch these up soon so I can start on the exhaust pipes

greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Thanx guys for the comments appreciate it for sure, I hope to post some more pics later on as I am now working on the second one and also on a new exhaust pipe :)

Frederick,

Outstanding!

Will you be posting some photos of how you are dropping the leading edges of the wings?

Gene K

I will for sure this is the in progress section however, if anyone has some goor ref pics on these puppies please pm me, as I dont wanna fubar this one up.

But IF I'm correct arent they going upwards instead of drooping down? Like I said I need some good pics before I start working on that one ;)

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

I got round to finisch the second exhaust and started improving the exhaust compressor and flameholder

anyway heres how they both look (temporarely) installed on the plane

post-54-1149537741.jpg

Like I said im also working on the rest of the exhaust and Im still working out a a way of making the exhaust pipe but I'll figure something out, any sugestions are welcome

well a picture says more then word so here goes

OOB

post-54-1149538075.jpg

My attempt at it

post-54-1149537938.jpg

voila thats all for now I hope to have some more soon

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 2 weeks later...

Sa 17/06/06

the compressors and exhaust are done :banana:

post-1504-1150537586.jpg

I just need to make the exhaustpipes now I hope to have some more in progress soon

I also began looking at a way to make the slats but man thats not going to be easy :blink:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Thank you all

Today I made some more progress

Like I said earlier I started with the exhaust pipes

I found myself looking for a solution to make the exhaust pipes and one time it hit me. I went to a local hard ware store and got me these connectors electricians use to connect tubes. These puppies are dead cheap and have the right size OOB (Out Of Bag :explode:)

heres what I'm talking about

post-1504-1150581465.jpg

you can also see styreen strips that I already cut into the right size. I need two lenghts as I need some space to install the compressor assembly. Next on the list drill a lot of tiny holes in them.

then all thats left to do is to bend them as I saw in some pictures that the shape of those things isn't flat

then I started attaching them to the tube

post-1504-1150581762.jpg

when that is done on both sides this is what is looks like

post-1504-1150581892.jpg

Now here are some pictures showing the difference between OOB exhaust pipe and my attempt at it

OOB

post-1504-1150582002.jpg

My attempt at it, I know about the ring its not supposed to be there but I still think it LOOKS right to me.

post-1504-1150582046.jpg

Ok guys last ones for now, the next one I will have two of these puppies

post-1504-1150582532.jpg

This is how they look installed in to the smoker.

OOB is on the right side

post-1504-1150582678.jpg

Voila thats all for now I hope to bring you guys some more soon

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs