Do not trade with Medicman5555

I have tried to give Trever the benefit of the doubt after a misunderstanding at the beginning of our trade. You can see that I posted 10 days ago that i have been waiting to hear from him. I still haven't gotten any contact from him. I have been emailing and private messaging him, and will be sending him a letter via snail mail today. September 16th he sent me a private message saying that he would be home from out of town on September 26th, at which time he would inspect the kits that I sent him, and send my kit out. I waited a few days after the 26th, then emailed him to see if he sent out my kit. No response, so I waited a few more days, sent a PM and another email, no response. I have been very polite in all of my messages to him, and he still has not replied to me and I have not received my kit in the mail. As of right now I am out a revell 1/32 He-162 Salamander, and an AM 1/48 Vindicator, plus the 13 US$ for shipping. I know that he has been on ARC in the meantime, because he made two posts on OCt. 11th, so there is no excuse for him to not be responding to me. Be very cautious when dealing with this guy.

Jason

Edited by messy60
  • 3 weeks later...

i've sent you two or three emails or pm's in the past like, two weeks. i haven't gotten a response to any of them. i've been asking you what method of shipment you used, and whether or not you have a tracking number for me for that package. i haven't gotten a single message back from you. the last message and or email i've gotten from you was september 16th, at which time you said you were still at work, and would be home in ten days, at which time you said you would inspect the kits i sent you, and then send out my kit. sept. 26th rolled around, then the 28th, then the 30th, and i still hadn't heard from you as to whether you sent out my kits. dude, if i had gotten any messages from you, i certainly wouldn't be blasting your name all over ARC, but i haven't gotten any messages at all. sorry dude.

jason

• 2 weeks later...

It is now two months since Trever was supposed to send me a 1/48th B-1. I don't know the actual shipment date, because Trever has still not responded to any of my pm's. But, anyway, two months, and still I have no B-1 bomber in my posession. I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I want to make sure that it gets the attention of Medicman5555, since i'm not getting any of the pm's or emails he has supposedly sent to me. Trever, if you read this post, please respond on this board with the tracking number, date shipped, and method of shipment so that I can finally confirm the whereabouts of my kit. As far as taking a large loss, I don't know what that means, because you knew the stipulations of the trade before anything was put in the mail, and you agreed to them. If it was going to be a huge loss, you should have called the trade off before hand.

Jason

Trevor, you have to either send him the money back or the kit. The reason I never got back to you was because I had a "bad gut hunch" about you. It looks like I was proved right at a suibstantial cost to a friend (Jason). Do the right thing and clear your name.

Looks like "Elvis" has left the building.

I truly feel sorry for you Jason.And Medicman5555 (although I don`t know where the "man" comes from)if you can`t play fair with the rest of the dogs.........please stay on the porch :angry:

Paul T

Why would I post anything in the bad trader's forum, if all that you say is true. Nowhere, in any of the pm's that i've gotten from you, nor the posts that were up here on the boards mentions Canada Post. Had I known this in the first place, i'm sure it wouldn't have had to come to such threads being placed on the boards. So, pardon my ignorance on the subject of Canadian postal service, but I take it there is no tracking number when it comes to Canada post regular delivery, correct? Is there any way to check with Canada Post in regards to where this package may be?

Jason

Jason,

The least expensive method of airmail shipping a kit into the USA is known as Expedited Parcel USA. I use it all the time. This method includes a tracking number, and also includes $100 of insurance free of charge. If medicman5555 used this method, and kept his receipt, he would be able to trace it on the website.

If the package was sent Regular Parcel (available to small items only.....not kits), or it was sent Surface, their is no trace (unless requested) or insurance.

Actually, the least expensive way to ship a package to the US is Small Packet. It comes with $100 Cdn insurance, but no tracking number. The down side is that Canada Post is now treating these shipments the same way they treat Overseas packages that go "missing" - you have to wait 3 months before they will investigate a missing package or even open a claim - that's if you sent it airmail, longer for surface mail...

All i know is that i sent the package, on time and packed well, i recieved 2 crushed kits, but the parts were ok and i didnt complain in the least, now theres all these accusations, really people, its pretty disgusting to call down and berate someone that you dont know, i kept up my end of the bargain and if it does not arrive, ill file a claim with canada post, but i will not pay anything or do anything until i either get my B-1 back into my posession, or it is recieved on the other end.there is no reason why i should lose out after i kept up my end of the bargain and especially after the things said about my character and honesty

lol ... I don't really know how you proceed but I think that if you have send it, then he should receive it ... I think what made everybody here aggravate it's because you look like you don't care since that you receive your kit and you "send" them it's ok ... But for what I know of this forum, it's more friendly than business ... If you don't care, you sould go in ebay rather than here ...

Well, this is the first i've heard of crushed kits, I remember packing them well, with wadding all around them, and having them delivered via UPS. Last time I checked with you, the kits were fine, but that is neither here nor their, you have your kits, and that is good. As far as your honesty and your good character goes, I still believe I've had good reason to question those things. When you post on here, in a public forum that you have sent me numerous PM's, and I haven't received any, then i question your honesty. I gave you several references, naming ARC members that I have traded with, so that you could check on my honesty. I asked you for some, and you never responded with any, and that's fine, but you never let me know that. I would send plenty of PM's and emails to you, and the only time I ever heard from you was when I would post something here on the Bad Trader board. I'm actually beginning to believe you, because if you were somebody trying to con me out of a couple of kits, then I doubt you would have ever made another appearance on ARC, or responded back to me. So, now that i've got that off my chest, when will u be filing a claim with Canada Post, because the B-1 still has not reached me here.

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Trever, I noticed you were on ARC the other day, so i take it that means that you are back in town. Any word from Canada Post? Hopefully you've gotten to speak with them. I'd love to hear the update.

Jason

i have not done anything wrong, so if my name continues to be posted publicly, there will be action taken, its ****** to conduct things in this manner, the business between messy60 and i is ours alone... there is no reason why i should lose out after i kept up my end of the bargain... really people, its pretty disgusting to call down and berate someone that you dont know

So not showing any appreciable proof of trying to take care of your end of the deal is "not" doing anything "wrong?" What about the kits of Jason's that you have possession of right now... he's lost those and the value of them!... with NOTHING in return so far! So yeah, you're really personally out a whole lot for your non-end of the bargain! You owe a kit or the kits value.... because if the package was lost in transit and you failed to have it insured... that was the risk you yourself took in sending it. Either way, it's still your responsibility on your end... Jason just wants to see finalization as any other modeler would!

No, really it's pretty disgusting what you're doing to him... and no it's not your business "alone" when the potential exists that somebody else could possibly be "ripped-off" here by YOU, if that is in fact what you're doing to Jason? The more types like yourself make statements like the above here... the worse you make yourself look! So fix the problem and change your status which is rapidly looking to be a certifiable bad-trader! What makes you anymore special than any of the other bad-trader warnings posted here, that your name shouldn't be up here as well? Haven't finished the deal or made amends for it?... "dead-beat" plain and simple! :lol:

"Action taken" huh?... you don't have a leg to stand on when you're the one who's wrong. It would appear that Jason has been a lot more patient with you than most... and look what he gets for it, more talk and no action! The next posting here should be Jason letting us know that you finally came through and that your name can be removed from the list... how hard is that to comprehend?

Jason - if Trever doesn't get you a kit or fair value for what you sent him within the next three weeks (January 29, 2006 - which is more than enough time to fix this)... make sure to let us know so that we can make it official that he's a bad trader! I for one am getting tired of watching this one drag on, with nothing getting accomplished and I think the timeline set above is more than fair. No more lame excuses, this has been going on since at least October (longer?) and is getting more than just a bit rediculous.

Edited by J.C. Bahr
Some people have nothing better to do than to try to destroy peoples names, i have not done anything wrong, so if my name continues to be posted publicly, there will be action taken, its ****** to conduct things in this manner, the business between messy60 and i is ours alone

I just noticed that you only get involved when someone takes a dig at you, so you obviously stay in touch with this topic. As far as we can all see, Jason is the one that hasn't done anything wrong.

• 3 weeks later...