Do not trade with Medicman5555

Ya know, Trever sent me a PM 20 days ago, saying that canada post cannot do anything, as far as they can tell, it cleared american customs, so now they have to go through US postal service. By the way, this is the first PM that I actually got from him since Sept. 16. I immediately pm'ed him back, asking if I needed to contact the USPS myself, or if he was going to take care of it, or if Candada Post was going to do anything more. I used the message tracking feature, as I do on all PM's now with Trever, to see if they have been read. It was read. No reply from Trever. And, by clicking on the name Medicman5555 on any posts that he has written, you can see the last time he was active. That would be January 25th, at 6:46pm. No replies from him, and no more posts on this board. I'm really ****** about the whole ordeal. Since the beginning of this trade, I have successfully and painlessly completed about 10 trades with people from all over the states, and one in Canada, through ARC and Hyperscale. In the past i've done deals with people from Scotland to Australia, and yet, this one is taking this long? Anyone know what kinda insurance claim i can have trever fill out, so that he can get repaid for the lost B-1 and send me my kits back?

Jason

Anyone know what kinda insurance claim i can have trever fill out, so that he can get repaid for the lost B-1 and send me my kits back?

Considering his arrogant "I have not done anything wrong" attitude displayed throughout this thead... good luck on that endeavor! Let us know how it goes for ya... if it ever does! :crying::banana:

After reading all of the posts here, I thought that I would just drop my two cents (for what it’s worth). In my opinion, the easiest solution is for Medicman5555 to send a Money Order to Messy60 for the cost of the kit that he was supposed to receive in the trade. At least that is what I would be aiming for. It is only fair considering all Messy60 has gone through, his patience and, kudos to you Messy60, his polite and professional demeanor.

I have made 100’s of trades here on ARC and other sites and I have never had one of my kits go missing (either kits that I send or the kits that I receive). Oh, it does happen from time-to-time, but not as much as people claim. When we trade kits here on ARC and elsewhere, it is the senders responsibility to ensure that their kit arrives to the recipient! There is an unwritten honor and gentlemen’s agreement that is associated with trading kits online (to me at least). If ever a problem were to arise with one of my trades, money be-damned I am protecting my honor and my reputation. Medicman5555, do the honorable thing, send Messy60 the money for the kit (or at least the value of the kits he sent to you) with the understanding that if the kit you sent him ever arrives, he Messy60, will reimburse you the money. However, in all honesty, it sounds as though this kit will never arrive and it is forever lost wherever things that get lost in the mail go for eternity.

I hope this all works out for the best. There is a lesson to be learned he as well. Always…always insure your packages and always have some way to track the shipment! No exceptions. Good luck to all involved.

Regards

I have had two packages sent to me in the 3 years I have traded that have gone AWOL.

One was the replacement package from an amazing decal manufacturer who is an ARC member and sponser.

In other words.....Bob sent me the same package 3 times!!!!!!

I will always buy from Bob even if I can find a simular (but not as high quality)product from someone else.

Two Bobs are an honest seller and a great company.

This honest trader made sure I got the stuff I ordered. And I publicly thanked him at length for his sound business practices.

As for me I always tell the person I am tradeing with the day I accept the deal,

the day I send my end of the trade. And let them know when there stuff arrives at my door. Often I check up with them if things seem to be being delayed for one reason or another.

The proper thing to do would be to return the items sent. We have all seen to many former good traders "go bad". One I used to consider a friend (Peter):explode: . Another I never felt to good about anyway.(Sam). :D

I just hope "medic" does the right thing.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jason, Hi Medicman

U Jason (see u are a HAF Fan and I am Greek too) should not trust people so easily. I know none of u too and wanna be fair, but MMan's attitude and behaviour is a llitle suspicious to say the least: he did not reply on time, he knows nothing of the kit's whereabouts and he is overeacting to your claims, and without been polite at all. He wanted to save a few bucks! U Jason should have asked for Registered Mail (and insured too)!

U MMan should care more for the other guy's kit-if u did not like to "loose" your "precious" B-1 should not proceed with the trade! U complain the kits sent by Jason "were smashed" but that is more of a Post misuse and not Jason's (except if he did not pack them securely).

Anyway the least MMan must do is sent Jason's kits back. I know u dont like it MMan but u should have spared some bucks more to have a receipt of mailing on hand and shut everybody's bad mouth!

I would suggest all TRADERS/SELLERS use a secure mailing method susch as Registered and Insured Post.

Now MMan do something good and compensate for Jason's true loss! After all it's a hobby and all involved should enjoy and I am sure u will do something serious to come up even...

Cheers,

Konstantinos

• 2 months later...
Hi Jason, Hi Medicman

U Jason (see u are a HAF Fan and I am Greek too) should not trust people so easily. I know none of u too and wanna be fair, but MMan's attitude and behaviour is a llitle suspicious to say the least: he did not reply on time, he knows nothing of the kit's whereabouts and he is overeacting to your claims, and without been polite at all. He wanted to save a few bucks! U Jason should have asked for Registered Mail (and insured too)!

U MMan should care more for the other guy's kit-if u did not like to "loose" your "precious" B-1 should not proceed with the trade! U complain the kits sent by Jason "were smashed" but that is more of a Post misuse and not Jason's (except if he did not pack them securely).

Anyway the least MMan must do is sent Jason's kits back. I know u dont like it MMan but u should have spared some bucks more to have a receipt of mailing on hand and shut everybody's bad mouth!

I would suggest all TRADERS/SELLERS use a secure mailing method susch as Registered and Insured Post.

Now MMan do something good and compensate for Jason's true loss! After all it's a hobby and all involved should enjoy and I am sure u will do something serious to come up even...

Cheers,

Konstantinos

Isn't that funny :)

:cheers: