Polish VIPER - F-16C Block 52 Advanced

This is the fast & simple 1/48 „in flight†project. Academy F-16A/C 1688 kit with some scratch details and some details of Eduard zoom set. The idea is polish Block 52 Advanced, so many handmade elements where required.

First of all – the driver. As You can see he’s one of TOMCATSKY Group member :cheers:

One of polish politics said that “the polish pilot is so good, that when he’ll have to, he can fly at doors of barnâ€. In 2006 first of our Viper will arrive to Poland so it’s not necessary to fly at something like this : :)

Ok, photos:

F-16PILOT01.jpg

F-16PILOT02.jpg

F-16PILOT03.jpg

F-16PILOT04.jpg

CFT’s made of styrene plates. Lot of CA and Tamiya putty.

F-16CFT01.jpg

F-16CFT02.jpg

The strakes. Academy kit has terrible strakes. I’ve sharpened it. It costs a lot of hard work but it was worth of many hours of intention.

F-16STRAKE01.jpg

F-16STRAKE02.jpg

The intake. In Aca kit it’s incomplete. Whole pipe is ending at forward main landing gear well frame. This VIPER is a simple project so I didn’t change it. But I’ve profiled forward part and I did the edges a little more sharp.

F-16WLOT01.jpg

M61A1 Vulcan cannon. As You can see it’s only a head part of it and the port made of 0,1mm thin copper plate. Quite nice I think.

F-16VULCAN01.jpg

F-16VULCAN02.jpg

Interrogator AN/APX-113 antennas. Copper plate and some plastic elements from old Hasegawa 1/72 Hornet Blue Angels horizontal stabilo. It will be glued in one of the last steps before painting.

F-16IFF01.jpg

I hope You’ll like this Viper. I’ll try to post more photos from next steps of this project.

:cheers:

Sorry Marcin, I posted that more to show how well you were getting the shape and detail of the antenna. That is the tail of the first Oman F-16 delivered to us here in Thumrait, Oman a few weeks back. The F-16s for Oman, Chile and Poland are all apparently built to a very similar specification and are travelling down the production line at the same time but do differ in details, so the Polish version of the F-16 may differ to the Omanii one and only have one antenna there.

The Royal Air Force of Oman F-16s' are GE engined F-16C Block 50 Advanced versions, I assume by you saying the Polish ones are block 52 that they will have the Pratt and Whitney engines?

Cheers

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

This time rockets.

First the AIM-9L Sidewinder. The base was one of four kit parts which I used. I’ve changed the shape and profile of tails. Nose stabilizers are made of copper plate. They are glued in center point similar to real Sidewinder with some aperture between stabilo and rocket. The nose section is now better shaped and the tip is made of clean plastic. I’ve erased the lines between sections.

ROCKET01.jpg

ROCKET02.jpg

AIM-120 in presented form on pictures means two evenings of scratch work. There are two glued together parts of model frames in accurate diameter witch I found in my garbage. Stabilios as You see I’ve made of copper 0,1mm plate. Forward elements are glued to some slit. Tail stabilizators are glued in center points with minimal aperture. Alongside of AIM-120 body I’ve made an antenna.

ROCKET03.jpg

ROCKET04.jpg

The painting will be applied soon.

My F-16 will carry these rockets on wing tip ports. Sidewinder on the left and AMRAAM on the right.

Thanks so much for these opinions gent’s

I used small steel scissors to cut of the stabilos and diamond filing tools to finish the edges.

The CFT’s were quite simple to do. I used only two plastic plates for each CFT. I cut the base shape looking from above and the side. Next step was profile plates to connect them and paste it on the F-16 fuselage.