Hey fellow modellers who have lots of kits in their stash :explode:

Do you keep all your decal sheets in a dry place?

Or do you keep them in the original boxes?

Why do i ask this question ?

=> When you have kits in your stash for about 10 y or more it is possible that the decals degrade (?), so i guess putting them in some Tupperware boxes should extend their lifetime :D

:D

I put mine in clear protectors and store them in binders. Each binder is labled so I can find my decals quickly (IE 1/48 Luftwaffe).. I have a decal shelf - quite a few at this point (about seven binders full!)

--Frank

I haven't caught up with Frank........yet. However, I have two FULL binders of decals, with one of them solely comprised of F-14 decals. In addition, I have a .50 ammo can that is filled with miscellaneous decals that don't fit in elsewhere in the collection.

post-2-1106402862.jpg

I keep groups of sheets in "zip-lock" bags, and groups of bags in clear plastic "tupperware" shoeboxes, and groups of shoeboxes on shelves in a closet, away from light and heat.

here is a pic I posted a while back in the 'stash' thread...

I haven't caught up with Frank........yet. However, I have two FULL binders of decals, with one of them solely comprised of F-14 decals. In addition, I have a .50 ammo can that is filled with miscellaneous decals that don't fit in elsewhere in the collection.

Steve - amature.. I was being falsely modest

;)

My house is sufficiently dry so I leave them in their respective boxes. Aftermarket stay in a drawer on the second floor.

I'm concerned that when you seperate the decals from the kits they never find their way back again. I've had several collections offered to me minus the decals after someone passed away. When I asked, they indicated they didn't know where the decals were. Probably didn't bother to look but that's the problem.

When you put them in binders, use polypropolene not vinyl. Vinyl continues to outgass and may effect the ink.

hth

• 2 weeks later...

In plasticbags in a drawer. Some of you guys are fanatics, huh?

2000+ decals? What do you do with those other than own them? Same goes for those huge stashes some own. Man...talk about serious problems. You guys scare me :blink: :huh:

István

I store mine in either the Zip-loc as they came in or I will put them into their own Zip-loc, and keep them in this filing cabinet (no particular system as yet)

Stash2005_11_16_001.jpg

You guyz are nutz... :P

What you gonna do with all those "stickers"?? :P

Well I think the whole idea is to see how many you can get on these before you croak :thumbsup:

Stash2005_09_13_003.jpg

Edited by Andy Mullen
Stash2005_09_13_003.jpg

:P :D Holy $***! I have never seen that many F-14 Tomcats in my life! Hey, Andy, I think that Eagle is looking a bit "persecuted" by all the 'Cats. :D Oh, yeah, and that poor F-16N and that poor BOAT. Can't tell what the two Airfix kits are.

Edited by The_Animal

The F-16N/F-4 are there cause I cant be bothered to take them down to the main stash :D

The "Ship" and the 2 Concordes are there because the paint shop aint big enough for the boxes :worship:

The F-15 was there ready of the GB start back Sept. :lol: but after the revolution :cheers: waiting for the restart

Enjoy the pictures while you, because when I have finished with the Intruder/Prowler GB, the Calverton factory (UK Div) is going into overdrive and hopefully by the time the last Cat I should have most of those built up middle of next year.

Oh yeah the 6 Tomcat boxes on the bottom shelf are spares and such from my previous builds :worship:

Edited by Andy Mullen

...I keep mine in large air tight Zip Locks, about 8-10 sheets per bag, each sheet lives in it's own manufacturers packaging as well. They are then stored in an almost airtight drawer, in a cool room in my house. They are only exposed to light when I open the drawer, and to air when I take them out. :cheers: