2005 - My Highlights

Seing as my aviation year is pretty much over, I though I'd post a selection of my best pics of the year - a couple from each 'venue' I've been to....

Beginning with the disbandment of 16 & 54 Sqns in March. Deffo my favourite shot of the weekend was the snow Jags, but the Saturday afternoon takeoffs also provided some good shots with the sun peeping through the cloud.

coltmarch001.jpg

coltmarch012.jpg

Exercise Vanguard at RAF Lakenheath. Had a real hole in my photo collection as far as A-10s went, and I got some real good shots on that sunny day in April.

lnapril002.jpg

lnapril001.jpg

First show of the year for me, at Southend. Monday was the best day for pics, with a thunderstorm quickly followed by some lovely sunshine, creating some unique photo opportunities.

southend012.jpg

southend004.jpg

Followed by Kemble. An early start for a show with an iffy forecast, but this was my show of the year. Brilliant weather in the end, and a superb venue. Little bit of luck on the BBMF shot, but all the good ones need a slice!

kemble004.jpg

kemble007.jpg

Next up was four days at Waddo. Never done an arrivals day before and this was a great few days out in excellent company. MiG-21 has to go in because of what it is, and the MiG-29 was a case of 'right place, right time'.

waddo013.jpg

waddo001.jpg

Then onto RIAT. Scorching weather, and a great lineup. Unfortunately missed the early parts of the show so missed some of the highlights, but I was pleased with these two.

riat004.jpg

riat001.jpg

First time for me at Brunty, and what a great day it was. As ever - great company from the UKAR lads, and some fantastic photo opportunities to be had.

brunty008.jpg

brunty012.jpg

And my last airshow of the year was at Biggin Hill. Another first for me, but again, an excellent venue. Great flying display and a nice relaxed end to the season - tried some slow shutter speed shots and had great results.

biggin009.jpg

biggin007.jpg

Finally, there's my day at RAF Mildenhall and Lakenheath. Went to catch the NASA WB-57 on deployment to Mildy, but wasn't too pleased with my pics of it, so I've chosen these two...

a.jpg

b.jpg

And there we have it. My year in aviation - my busiest year yet. Looking forward to 2006 already! :bobby:

Fantastic pictures, thanks for sharing.

:rolleyes:

PS: Was that Mig-21 one of those that exercised with the Tornado's up here in Lossimouth Scotland in the summer? looks very much like it?

Edited by Katana
PS: Was that Mig-21 one of those that exercised with the Tornado's up here in Lossimouth Scotland in the summer? looks very much like it?

Yeh - sure was. They all dropped into Waddo Airshow for static display on their way up (and RIAT on their way home).

To quote Austin Powers, "Yeah, baby! YEAH!". You did quite well this year with some amazing shots. Love the panning job on the Hunter and Tornado. Way to handle the glass.

Cheers. Both taken at 1/80th sec, handheld without IS. :)

Thanks for all the comments folks. :thumbsup:

Can see a few more of my shots at my site - here.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work. I assume you may know this... Do the LN 15's use the call DUSTER often? We had some 15's at ED the other week, and they were using DUSTER. I was just curious, since it would be kind of unique for them to be all the way over here.

Dave

-DPD Productions - Featuring the NEW 'Military Aircraft' Photo CD -

http://eje.railfan.net/dpdp/