Well, I know that there's been a 1/144 mold of the C-5A for a while, because there was a Testors kit of it for a long time. I just recently got one by a different company- same mold. It's made by Otaki, and I can't complain because it's the same mold as the Testors kit, and I got it for free :D

I can't imagine that bird in 1/72, but at some point, Minicraft had a series of larger planes (B-1, B-52, C-5, XB-70) that were in strange scales, like 1:480, 1:320. I have the C-5 kit from that series, but it's very plain, very simple. And very small, too.

JB

Well, I know that there's been a 1/144 mold of the C-5A for a while, because there was a Testors kit of it for a long time. I just recently got one by a different company- same mold. It's made by Otaki, and I can't complain because it's the same mold as the Testors kit, and I got it for free :D

Lucky you! Last time I saw this kit on Ebay it went for something like $US 104.00.

All the 1/144 C-5 kits are the same mold, originating with Otaki. This includes the Entex, Testors and Revell boxings. I have the Entex L-500 civilian version and I have to do my own decals to do it as a military bird. Unfortunately, I lost the walkaround pics I shot of a bird from Altus at the last airshow.

Only big scale C-141 I ever saw was from Aurora and it scaled out to about 1/125 or so. It was a C-141A. Only other C-141 kits I have seen are the DML kits in 1/200 scale. Its not likely that the Otaki kit for the C-5 will be reissued since word is that the molds got used up from all the years of casting on them.