...and Now, Its Official

Oh, I CANNOT WAIT to hear how this plays out at an exercise sometime in the future!!! Note that, although the Navy submitted the request, the Air Force approved it!!! Congratulations, we've now achieved joint lunacy....

Growler Name Chosen

Although its been used before, I strongly nominate this patch for the initial cadre...

-Waco, laughing so hard it hurts....sorry Kolja...

Growler may not be PC from a scatalogical point of view, but if I remember correctly, wasn't that the name of the submarine in WW II where the commander earned the Medal of Honor by remaining, wounded on the bridge and ordering the boat to submerge? I think his name was Cmdr Howard Gilmore. Seems a pretty honorable name to me, especially to Navy types!

Darwin

If you think scatological connotations are bad, ask a Brit what "Growler" means. I've been slapped for less in American slang.

The rest I'll save the mods of censoring. Waco, ask me at Nellis. Bring your earplugs.

Incidentally: if

"Growler" official nickname for EA-18G
, I hasten to rub in the craw of F-16 fans wha the "official" name of the Viper is... :D :D Edited by Karl Sander

IIRC from my time in the UK, growler, in their slang, references the lower anterior female anatomy. So what? Many common, ordinary, acceptable customs, gestures, words, etc in one country or culture are much less so in other countries. You can't please all of the people all of the time!

Darwin

IIRC from my time in the UK, growler, in their slang, references the lower anterior female anatomy. So what? Many common, ordinary, acceptable customs, gestures, words, etc in one country or culture are much less so in other countries. You can't please all of the people all of the time!

Darwin

From what I hear, a slovenly, unkepmt and generally unsavory lower portion of female anatomy. Sufficently unflattering that I sincerely hope I'm still flying 30 year old aestetically challengend Prowlers the first time some poor squadron attempts to take their brand new EA-18Gs into a combined exercise with the RAF.

I have a hard enough time looking the RAF in the eyes due to our pansy-fied low level training rules. The last thing I need is to show up flying an air plane named, in effect, the EA-18G "Sk**ky c**t"

yet one more example of how far up their ***es our admirals heads are. Either that, or how much they truly hate their own tactical EW community. Either way, I've long since quit being a fan of admirals - overpaid f**k bags.. :D

Yep - WE'RE angry (and no, not just short tempered, anarchist Kolja - in fact all the bastards who are supposd to fly the Sk**ky c**nt)

Edited by Karl Sander
From what I hear, a slovenly, unkepmt and generally unsavory lower portion of female anatomy.

Exactly right. Though I think it might be more of a British Army (who surpass all other fighting forces in the world in breadth, vulgarity and inventiveness of their slang) thing than an RAF thing. The last time I heard the G-word used was by an ex-squaddie in our office who was describing one he had recently encountered as resembling "two pounds of cheap bacon". :cheers:

Exactly right. Though I think it might be more of a British Army (who surpass all other fighting forces in the world in breadth, vulgarity and inventiveness of their slang) thing than an RAF thing. The last time I heard the G-word used was by an ex-squaddie in our office who was describing one he had recently encountered as resembling "two pounds of cheap bacon". :cheers:

:cheers: Holy crap. From an American perspective, the world "Growler" doesn't sound that bad- I had no idea...

But that thing about bacon. Yikes.

Josh

What is the guy on the patch riding? A giant turd!? I thought they should have gone with another kind of stinging insect...like Yellowjacket. Know what I mean. Growler simply sounds lame.

Karl- I personally like "Fighting Falcon". :cheers:

Chappie

What is worst that the powers to be are already cycling trained senior personnnel out of the community down to the Hornets and Super Hornets so that they can get time in repair and maintenance along with for some of the NFO's flight time in the back seats of the F's

OH THE HUMANITY :worship::banana:

Now that Italeri has their Growler kit out...anybody want a group build?

We could have it so that you could build/paint/mark it anyway you want....sounds like it could be therapeutic for some people!

Two-tone-tactical-t**d-brown camo for example :banana:

ok...gotta run....no pun intended....

-Mike

Now that Italeri has their Growler kit out...anybody want a group build?

We could have it so that you could build/paint/mark it anyway you want....sounds like it could be therapeutic for some people!

Two-tone-tactical-t**d-brown camo for example :banana:

ok...gotta run....no pun intended....

-Mike

Yeah anyone have a guess at a good FS equivalent for 2 pounds of bacon,,,,, :banana:

This thread is getting hilarious, even though it started out in a fairly serious tone. I can see Karl's point in taking the Growler to a foreign war games exercise.

Quote a maintenance type, "I have to go out to the S _ _ _ _ _ C _ _ _ and open an inspection panel and crawl inside to do some work." <_< :lol: :rolleyes:

Darwin

This thread is getting hilarious

Respectfully disagree.

Though, someday when the Good Lord willing, certain Admirals pass on, and yours truly gets caught defacing their graves after a rough night at the nearest Tex-Mex resturaunt, NOW you all will know why.

Ba**ards. :rolleyes:

Yep - WE'RE angry (and no, not just short tempered, anarchist Kolja - in fact all the bastards who are supposd to fly the Sk**ky c**nt)

Yeah, well, Kolja, at least you'll be able to say you went supersonic in a EA-18G Sk**ky C**T! :cheers: There's always a silver lining.

~Animal~ barely able to restrain his hysterical laughter.

PS: Wonder if that'll enable cherry 02s to be able to claim "Mile-High" club status. :worship:

Growler is inherently an offensive weapon, so it fits...

I just hope that was an unintended pun. B)

Edited by The_Animal
Yeah, well, Kolja, at least you'll be able to say you went supersonic in a EA-18G Sk**ky C**T! <_< There's always a silver lining.

~Animal~ barely able to restrain his hysterical laughter.

PS: Wonder if that'll enable cherry 02s to be able to claim "Mile-High" club status. :P

I just hope that was an unintended pun. :P

Thanks for effort to find the silver lining - but I've already been supersonic and it involved neither defecation or unkempt naughty bits :lol: