Airfix Announcements!!!

It's nice that they have announced these kits, but it took nearly a decade for the Brick, Lightning and Hawk to hit the shelves after they were announced.

Nice future prospects, but I would like to see the TRS2 sometime soon.

I think Trumpeter and Panda have taken their cue from the masters.

Now I wonder where that 1/35th chinook went?

Here's a link to the Airfix site. There is a description of the latest news and someone has posted some pics. h**p://www.airfix.com/forum/forum_messages.asp?forumID=240]. You will need to sign up to the Airfix site to view.

Peebeep

Edited by peebeep
I'll be very happy to add a couple of Nimrods to my stash, but I still think it's a terrible release for the company. I just hope that it does well enough to satisfy the bean counters and keep new subjects flowing.

I've been awaiting a Nimrod for years, so it's about d*mn time!... certainly way more appeal to me than the Atlantique from Revell!

Now if they'd just do their new Canberra series in 1/72 scale as well!

The Nimrod will be a limited edition though folks :redx: . I heard it from the horses mouth on the Airfix stand, so get 'em while you can if/when its released.

I agree with a previous poster on here, that Airfix have found their niche market with British post war subjects, how about some mainstream manufacturers 1/48 javelin and Sea Vixen not to mention the Swift and Attacker:).

In another forum it was mentioned that though limited release, the numbers would be set by the pre-order numbers recieved. So I would advise anyone wanting one to bite the bullet and pre-order when they become available to do so.

To wait untill the kit is released may mean missing out again.

Cheers

Tony

By the time they finally release the TSR.2 my credit card will have expired, and I'll miss out! (04/2007). I wish they'd hurry up & sort their lives out. :cheers:

I'm very tempted to just get the Dynavector 1/48th kit instead, although I've no idea where I'd put such a HUGE thing when I'd finished it :lol:

Now don't tempt me :)

:lol: :cheers:

:) <-------Tears of joy...no need to get vacuform kit from Aircraft In Minature :lol:

hmm, hit the quote icon for the wrong article... but any 1/72 nimrod kit would be nice and yes bring back

the BN islander kit. can do one in the markings of the RAF northolt station flight at the very least.

hthn,

t.

I asked a lady on the Airfix stand about the Spitfire IX and TSR.2, Trevor and the design guys are off to China this week to sign off on the tooling for the Spit/TSR.2.The Spit will be January (and very nice the sprues looked too :thumbsup: )

Stephen

just seems funny that C.A. plans a Canberra release,and now Airfix... :D Hmmm.....is someone going to lose out here ,or will there be some kitbashing done with the two.Hope they`re both up to snuff.

Paul T

It really is just a coincidence. The Airfix Canberras were decided upon many months back, with the intention to keep an annoucement under wraps until the IPMS Nats. CAs annoucement came out of the blue but the wheels had already been turning for some time.

pity they can't do the canberra's in 72nd as well. I don't wanna pay £30 for the highplanes canberra B.2 and then risk messing up the cutting of the vac canopies (i hate vac canopies btw). Hmm maybe if the 48th scale ones do well they could downsize the mold and release them in 72nd. I will however buy at least one Nimrod as they're kinda cool

Edited by Bullet101
Mike, do it! The Dynavector kit is SO nice. I am enjoying it so much, I have ordered another two from HLJ.

I can happily wait for the Airfix kit and the DV kit is making me a happy puppy while I wait.

Cheers

Tony

Tony

building a Vacc kit scares the living daylights out of me!

:wave:

MikeJ

Tony

building a Vacc kit scares the living daylights out of me!

:rolleyes:

MikeJ

Mike

The Dynavector vac-formed kits are far superior to the horrors of the past, where you had to scratch build all the detail and sand away heaps of plastic and apply trowel loads of filler. IMHO Dynavectors kits are the closest to an injection moulded kit that a vac-form can get. Go on give one a try.

<_<

Darius

Hopefully, Airfix will go the Revell way (e.g. F-101B, I wish the Deuce and the Six would get the same treatment) and scale their 1/48 kits down to 1/72.

EE Lightning was well worth the wait. We all have stashes to last us decades, it's not like your paint jars are drying out from disuse. :rolleyes: The Airfix Canberra may be bad news for CA -- I suspect the price difference will be humongous.

Mike

The Dynavector vac-formed kits are far superior to the horrors of the past, where you had to scratch build all the detail and sand away heaps of plastic and apply trowel loads of filler. IMHO Dynavectors kits are the closest to an injection moulded kit that a vac-form can get. Go on give one a try.

:rolleyes:

Darius

Darius

How much are they btw?

I was tempted to get a Wyvern but will kit bash the CA and up-coming Trumpeter Wyvern.

<_<

MikeJ