My Next Star Wars Project

While the Stargate-buffs are having a ball :thumbsup: discussing more or less dressed SG-1 babes in another thread on this forum, I'd like to introduce my first figure model. Subject of choise is of course the Sci-Fi girl of all time, princess Leia!

You may wonder how the heck did this end up on my kitchen table? The idea of building a figure had been there for a while but the spark that finally lit the fire was Swanny's "Beer girl" build earlier this year.

Initially I had thoughts of a nudie model, mostly because of the challenging paintjob (not kidding!) but while scanning Ebay for suitlable subjects, I stumbled upon this figure instead. Star Wars is always fine when chosing subjects (easy to find references) and this figure fulfilled the "undressed" requirement enough to match my original idea. Besides, I have a feeling that it will appeal more to people than a nude figure would....

I got the kit for $15 from a Thai firm called JM Model (one of those Ebay companies). The origin of the kit is a little cloudy (a disturbance in the Force maybe :D ). The scale is about 1/15 and from information I have gathered from various scources on the web it seems like it turned up about the same time as the Kaiyodo kits, but the sculptor is unknown. My kit is a garage recast.

Some cleanup is needed, it's after all a garage cast. Some detail is lost during the process, but most of it can easily be restored afterwards.

leia001.jpg

Overall detail is very nice and rather crisp.

leia002.jpg

The face shows a relatively good resemblance to Carrie Fisher when compared to photos, but it needs some slight adjustments. Shouldn't be hard to fix though.

leia003.jpg

One of the seams is clearly visible in this image. Some resculping will be needed to cure this.

leia004.jpg

Now, only problem at this point is that I can't decide wether to dive into this project right away or wait until the Star Wars GB starts......

:P

Per

Glad to know I was a positive :banana: influence on your project. Just finished a 2.5 hour interview with the local newspaper and they were quite taken with the "Beer Babe" Seems the photographer is doing a feature on Amine art in the near future also.

Hmmmm

Betcha she still wishes she looked like that?

The force (gravity) has not been kind. :banana:

:banana: Hehehe, being a little mean today, eh?

IMO Carrie Fisher has aged with a lot more dignity than many other stars of the 70s and 80s, but of course she'll never again look like she did during the shooting of "Blue Harvest".

Edited by Lansen