Hello mates!

Just finished underwing, now I´m ready to paint all the camo, but I have a week off because of my holidays I ´m going to spent the hole wekk skiing :woo: :D

dscn00133xf.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pics, I enjoy a lot painting black and white.

dscn00148yh.jpg

Thanks mates for looking.

regrads.

Héctor

Hello mates!hard sunday modelling morning :wave::cheers: I have just painted dark green and add some lights.

Pete, Jamie , Jose, many thanks for your kindy wordsI hope you like this progress.

paint base:

spi68sa.jpg

spit18zf.jpg

Lights added:

spit56gy.jpg

spit70na.jpg

Comente are welcome.

regards.

Héctor

Hey Héctor;

Even your masking job is pretty to look at! :) It should look good with the dark earth coat. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Un abrazo.

J.C.

Jamie,thanks for your words, I hope tomorow can paint the dark earth and the spit in near to be finish.

Un abrazo.

Héctor

Hello mates!

I have done some progress but I´m not very satisfied with the work, please tell me.

dscn00143tq.jpg

You can see so dark to me its too dark

dscn00150sj.jpg

And a friend borrow me his plane and I use as reference and as you can see is not the same :wave:

dscn00176ri.jpg

a pic from the plane of my friend

dscn00180hh.jpg

Coments are wellcome.

regards.

Héctor

hmmm, it does look like the dark earth is too dark, but the dark green looks pretty good. what paints did you use?

Jay I have used a mixture from tamiyas I use Xf-52 70% Xf62 20% Xf-58 5% more or less Jay.

What do you think of?

Regards.

Héctor

Evenin' Hector

Definitely need some more contrast with the Dk Earth. I would suggest remasking - I know it's a real pain - then mix-up a new batch of the Dk Earth and lighten it quite a bit, then LIGHTLY overspray the existing colour. Wait for it to dry then lighten the colour again.

You should only need to do this twice.

I haven't used Tamiya acryllics for a long time but I seem to remember that their Dk Earth was very accurate straight from the jar (unlike what they called RAF Green which had too much 'blue' in it).

HTH

Ian

Hi friend!,

I agree with Jay, paint the dark earth with Gunze's color please!, the dark green is very pretty!.

Best

Jose

Well Jose I try to do, but you know , well I hopr tomorrow can do a better work than today.

Regards.

Héctor

Evenin' Hector

Definitely need some more contrast with the Dk Earth. I would suggest remasking - I know it's a real pain - then mix-up a new batch of the Dk Earth and lighten it quite a bit, then LIGHTLY overspray the existing colour. Wait for it to dry then lighten the colour again.

You should only need to do this twice.

I haven't used Tamiya acryllics for a long time but I seem to remember that their Dk Earth was very accurate straight from the jar (unlike what they called RAF Green which had too much 'blue' in it).

HTH

Ian

Yes In You are right I need to contrast the colours looks too dark and dont look good,Glup remasking again yes a pain but I think its the best way to get the plane into the right zone ;-)

I copy this mixture from a magazine but I dont mix well.You know I dont like enamel paints to use with airbrush.

best regards.

Héctor

tamiya and their stupid mixed colors! I use MM enamels so I wouldn't know much about the right ratio for tamiya paints.

Jay I dont use enamel paint I dont like it smells a lot and very difficult to clean airbrush.I did the mixture very bad , but always learning things.

All the best

Héctor

Hi Hector,

The paint mixing is the only real headache with Tamiya acylics, saying that I use only these paints as I find them so easy to spray/clean and coverage is good.

To my eye the colours look pretty close but possibly the perfectionist you are you will try and lighten the brown but not too much.

You probably already know this link for colour mixes but on the whole they are spot on : TRY THIS.

They list the Brown as

XF52 - FLAT EARTH: 1

XF64 - RED BROWN: 1

and Green as:

XF58 - OLIVE GREEN: 1

XF62 - OLIVE DRAB: 5

Hope to sort it out without too many problems.

Cheers

Doc

Hi Hector,

The paint mixing is the only real headache with Tamiya acylics, saying that I use only these paints as I find them so easy to spray/clean and coverage is good.

To my eye the colours look pretty close but possibly the perfectionist you are you will try and lighten the brown but not too much.

You probably already know this link for colour mixes but on the whole they are spot on : TRY THIS.

They list the Brown as

XF52 - FLAT EARTH: 1

XF64 - RED BROWN: 1

and Green as:

XF58 - OLIVE GREEN: 1

XF62 - OLIVE DRAB: 5

Hope to sort it out without too many problems.

Cheers

Doc

Hi Pete,

Well now having a look with natural light I can see better than yesterday, I like to make tamiyas painting mixture, but several days you do it right and others not.

Something tells me to light a bit, and I think that what I´m going to do.and then with clear all those things dissapear.

Nice forum you linked.

Many thanks Pete.

Cheers.

Héctor