F-8A http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spi...f-8a_walk_1.htm

F-8H http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spidle/f-8h_walk.htm

RF-8G http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spi...f-8g_walk_1.htm

I also hope to have an F-8K posted in the near future.

Not mine but an F-8K http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/vodnik/f-8k_walk.htm

Looking forward to seeing the your art displayed for the group build.

Enjoy!

:banana: i think i get the point

better than i thought possible. :D

it is a bit out of shape

thank you for the photo :blink:

AL

Glad you do not have my computer, my laptop shows a noce oval and on the desktop computer it is round......I trust the laptop more.

Anyone have shots of the top of the A-7 two seaters - TA-7C and A-7K. I have the Maintrack 1/72 conversions but the top just aft of the canopy looks way too tapered. Also am interested in shots of the A-7K refueling receptacle.

Thanks

Gene K

Here you go Wayne,

This is a Vought photo-schematic of the E cockpit that I have annotated a bit to explain some items. Note that if you do not fold the wings the WF handle is, of course, down, as is the locking handle (it just looks like a blank panel on the console). Though there are some minor detail differences, the cockpits for the F-8H and J are basically the same.

Cheers,

Tom

Ecockpit-annotated.jpg

Edited by Superheat

Thanks Tom,

That will help me out. Do you have a picture of behind the seat under the canopy? I have the Black Box cockpit set and they have some detail there. There is a tank of some kind.

Again thanks for the pic.

Wayne Beattie

This is all I've got, Wayne, and it isn't much, it is a difficult area to photograph. Both are from the F-8A at Pensacola, but I doubt it is much different from the E. Both are from the right side, the one I did from the left was even worse than the second one from the right and I canned it. The bottle is the 375 cu in blowdown bottle to raise the wing in the event of a hydraulic failure.

Well, it turns out I did not can the one from the left, it is added below.

HTH,

Tom

AftCockpitShelf2.jpg

AftCockpitShelf1.jpg

AftCPShelfL.jpg

Edited by Superheat

You are welcome, Wayne, glad to help, especially since I am about to rain on the parade! The Black Box cockpit is not an F-8E cockpit at all, it is an F-8B/C cockpit. The giveaways, if you compare it to the schematic photo, are the radar screen - the smaller round one as used on the B, C and D, and the coventional stick as opposed to the dual grip stick (flight and radar controls) as used in the D and E. There are other differences as well, the B/C did not have the auxiliary switch panel on the right console, for instance, but those could be ignored. (Hell, it could all be ignored, that is entirely up to you!) The seat, though, is a pretty good F5 seat, which is correct for an E. You could get around the problems by using the kit instrument panel, seat and stick with the BB tub.

Hope this info does not upset things too much.

Cheers,

Tom

Tom... :bandhead2:

That is not what I wanted to read. :( Thanks for the info. I think I'll try to use the kit instrument panel and stick. The resin seat I'll use. I have already started to cut the plastic to fit the tub befor reading your latest post. :bandhead2::explode: Hopefully no one around here will know the difference when I am done.

Again thanks for the help.

Wayne :o