Big(ger) scale OV-10

We all know that the largest OV-10 kit is that from the (suckingly bad :lol: ) Hawk/Testors 1/48 kit, which needed the excellent Paragon detail sets to make it realistic...

But have you ever wondered if a larger model of the venerable FAC existed?

In fact, there IS a larger one... in 1/32 scale...

Well its not a plastic model though, but rather a cardboard model

Bronco10.jpg

This is the ModelArt 1/32 scale OV-10A, designed by the card model designer Dr. Emil Zarkov, who is continuously churning out superbly detailed cardboard models, all done in this scale (well some of his models are in 1/72 scale, but almost all are in this scale...)

BTW, this model can be a great styrene template to make it a plastic one.

the price is $16, not bad though... :cheers:

So guys, do you think its worth a try? :lol:

Edited by Hans
I had considered using one of these for a template as well. I might just have to try it out!

I'd kill for a 1/32 bronco!

Mike

I've already printed the kit, and I must say its BIG!

The wings just dwarfed my 1/72 academy kit! :lol:

I really can't wait to make this one! :lol:

• 2 years later...
I've already printed the kit, and I must say its BIG!

The wings just dwarfed my 1/72 academy kit! :o

I really can't wait to make this one! :taunt:

Where can I get all the details? I did a Google and didn't come with anything!

Can't believe a top tier company hasn't manufactured a 1/48 or 1/32 injection kit yet. Obviously lack of demand.

IMHO, I believe its not the lack of demand, since bronco fans are everywhere... it maybe due to the OV-10's looks... maybe it doesn't look cool enough for them... (arrrg!!! :cheers: )

But guys, I'll try to talk to our members at IPMS Phils. We already have close affiliations to Tamiya and Trumpeter, and I can suggest to request these two model manufacturers for a kit of the OV-10 (at least in 1/48 scale)... OV-10s here in the Philippines are usually available for model subject research, especially for our club, since many of our folks either have family members in the Air Force (myself included, my dad's a former OV-10 driver there), close affiliations to squadrons (our club made all of the scale models for the Phil. AF museum), or the members themselves are Military servicemen

BTW, this card model will be followed by the OV-10D in the future, aparently, the model designer is just recoloring the original kit and designing the replacement parts

Edited by Hans