Su-30MKI colour profiles

Hey JAn ... Your Iranian Su-30 is just phantastic ... but I couldn't find this ACIG-Link ... ... Could You please post the link here !!

Well, I have long way to go...

... but (in colsuntation with some other people) found more tips how to refine it further ...especially logic of shades and highlights to give it better 3D effect...

...I will have time this evening, so I will try to modify the profile again to look better

The link to the step-by-step article on profile-making is to be found here

(you will have to register on www.acig.org forums first)

BTW... I had to edit the MKI profile a bit... Several people I do not want to name approached me asking me not to spread info that is most guarded secret in Iran... that this implies risks of revenge from the side of the Iranian intelligence services <_<

Edited by Jan

Hi,

Let me add my two cents. Here is a work I've done a few months ago about a possible Mirage 4000 from Saudi Arabia. It's done entirely under Illustrator, I haven't used Photoshop.

I consider both softwares complementary, Illustrator is particularly well suited to draw plans but for the coloring and the shading it's pretty difficult, I can't get good result as in Photoshop. So far, I'm not using Photoshop but plan to do it for sure, when I see your work guys!

Regards

Alain

Yes, I found too that the vector graphics lis most suitable for the linedrawings and national insignia plus other markings, but the Photoshop is the only solution for rest of the work...

I like the way you doone the sun-glare on the canopy...

Very nice M4000!

Yes, I found too that the vector graphics lis most suitable for the linedrawings and national insignia plus other markings, but the Photoshop is the only solution for rest of the work...

I like the way you doone the sun-glare on the canopy...

Very nice M4000!

Thank you for your compliment!

In fact, I made this whatif but could not publish it (it's always difficult to publish a whatif...). However, I made a 3 views plan of the M4000 in its original white, blue, red protoype colors but I cannot send here the original. You can find it though in Le Fana de L'Aviation No417 and also in Airpower Review.

... but I wish I could be as good as Brahio ... (see his previous post).

Regards

Alain

Hello everybody!!!

I first want to tell you guys that all your profiles are amazing!!! The Su-30, the F-8, the 3D F-16, the Mirage 4000 of my friend Alanqua, everything is wonderful!!

I start using Photoshop some months before, initially to draw some Pirate Fulcrum, but I really increase my abilities after some friends of mine ask me to draw Mirage 4000 what-ifs (here in France, the Mirage 4000 is something like the TSR.2 for the British plane's lovers :thumbsup: )...

There is some of my works:

-Comoros Pirate Fulcrum, one of my first attempts with Photoshop...

A link, because the drawing is too big.

-Mirage 4000-5 ES, Saudi Arabia, my first Mirage 4000 Whif:

Mirage%204000%20Signature.jpg

-Mirage 4000G, a modified Mirage 4000N for long range strike and SEAD missions...

Mirage%204000%20G%20recadré.JPG

-Mirage "CF-199", CAF, Desert Storm, 1991:

Mirage%204000%20CF-199%20Desert.jpg

This last one is my favourite, and I work a lot on it!!! I hope you'll like it!!

Well, I also want to say that seeing all your fantastic drawing helps me in trying to be better and better, and I thank you for that!! ... Even if sometimes it's a little bit discouraging when I saw, for example, Brahio profiles!! :D

Ok, ...I did work on my Su-30MKI yeasterday to improve few areas .... here is the result

... this time it is no what-if... my profile depicts Su-30MKI prototype bort No "04" ...btw I am working on model of this machine in 1/48 :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

New progress on my Su-30MKI profile.... I hope improved my technique a bit.... I do not think I can get it much better in this stage, so I am going to finish whole set of these profiles in different schemes (all prototypes plus two Indian AF machines)... few more minor improvements, and I will send all the set of profiles to Steve to be "published" in some ARC daily update...

...hope you enjoy it

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my next "project"... set of M2K profiles ...I intend to refine skills I acquired during making the Su-30MKI profiles...

...here I show only unfinished version...I will have to refine shadows and some small details...

Here is my next "project"... set of M2K profiles ...I intend to refine skills I acquired during making the Su-30MKI profiles...

...here I show only unfinished version...I will have to refine shadows and some small de

OK :thumbsup:

thats freaking awesome i can asure you it takes some time to make that (btw what programm do you use because i want to know how you rendered your outline did you draw the colours yourself or did you use pics?

ooh and PS this thread is just awesome keep m coming guys this is a profile bible thread in the make here

greetz STB

frederick jacobs