Blue angels 2006 :)

well it will be the first time I see them, normaly Red Arrows and that kind of stuff :lol:

During the season, I see them just about every Tuesday and Wednesday flying practice shows in my backyard, and I can say with absolute confidence that it never gets old. I at least go outside if I'm at home, and sometimes I just drive on base and watch it there. Definitely the coolest demo team out there IMHO. That's really great that you guys can share in the joys.

cheers!

Mike

It's in the north. Best way would be to get a rental car since getting there by public transport takes quite a bit longer I think. (You have to go around that bit of water we have in the middle of the country if you go by train I believe)

Koen

well I live in lelystad (that is next to that bit of water :banana: ) indeed if you're going by train you need to go around or je can go to lelystad with the train and go futher to the north with the bus, witch also takes a lot of time, but I think it will be really busy at that time around the base :cheers:

Where did you find the 2006 schedule at? I dont see anything on their website.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the other post with the schedules :angry:

jason

Edited by jmdmsu

but the open days are always on friday and saturday (or will this the first weekend that they will be on saterday and sunday? because friday is the 16th, or will they only perform onthe saterday??)

That's just awsome :cheers:

where in Holland is Leuwaarden ?? I can get a flight to Amsterdam easy enough, but getting from Amsterdam to Leuwaarden may be a little harder

Actually, it isn't that hard to get to Leeuwarden by train. You get on the train at Schiphol, and it will bring you all the way to Leeuwarden, with no changes at all. It is just as fast as by car, and a lot easier. You won't get lost, you won't have parking problems. And in Leeuwarden there's a FREE bus that will bring you to the gate of the airbase and take you back to the station at the end of the day. The only thing that you have to mind, is that you get on the right part of the train, otherwise it will take you to Groningen. Also a nice city, but there won't be any Blue Angels there.

If you're interrested, take a look at the site of the Dutch railways NS, or send me a PM and I will send you all the details

where in Holland is Leuwaarden ??

It's on Holland's northern coast, just off the North Sea. The Flieland bombing range is less than a 5 minute flight from the base. Lovely town IMO. :D Spent my 25th birthday (1988) in the bar at the Oranje Hotel.

Edited by SimFixer
scheduled events:

http://www.navy.mil/palib/aircraft/airshows/avsjul06.html

first one: Belgium, Sanicole

I hope it doesn't get cancelled, but the chance is big.

It says that Blue Angels performances are highlighted with a blue background. That is not the case for the Sanicole Airshow....

If you look at the june schedule, you'll see that Leeuwarden is highlighted in blue.

It's gonna take me 6 1/2 hours by car to get to Leeuwarden. But it's worth it, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Now this is a sort of X-mas gift news to me. YEEEEEEHAAA, finally they're coming to Europe again after I missed their last show at Finningley, UK back in 1992!!!

Fantastic News, thanks for sharing!

B)

Edited by RedIndian
Can someone confirm that they will perform on both days at Leeuwarden open huis ? We're planning for the Friday show unless they would only perform on Saturday .

Yes they will, they will arive at 12 June, and depart at 18 June.

I see that you're Dutch, check this page: http://www.luchtmacht.nl/main/actueel/nieu...blueangels.html

Edited by Raptor16