NEW 32 scale projects

Bela,

Some comments. The bulge over the gun should actually be a pair rather than one bulge. The flare at the base of vertical stabs (on the inside) seems just a bit excessive. My main comment would be about the one that has the canopy removed. It looks like the canopy is a bit wide. I think you'll find this photo helpful.

Regards,

Murph

Great work! You have already solved one of the major issues already. I'm referring to the upper fuselage joint that plagued the Italeri/RoG kits. You couldnt get it perfect and was very noticable, even after several goes with the sanding stick and filler. Looking forward to more from you Bela.

Cheers,

Jeff

Yes.. Im assuming those guys are smarter than I.... dont want to scond guess them, but WHAT WAS THAT SEAM ALL ABOUT?. yes had to get rid of that right away. perhaps the wanted to limit the size of the piece, having produced it with the wings attatched?

It is good to finally see your 1/32 F-22A Raptor Bela! :worship: The size is impressive and the general shape looks right on. You said this is a pre detail model, a prototype so to speak. Can't wait to see what the final product will look like and what details you can build in. :D

Thanx Raptor, yes it still has a few shaping issues though, the canopy and radome needs more work, as these improvements are made, ill post progress pics along the way.

Bela,

Some comments. The bulge over the gun should actually be a pair rather than one bulge. The flare at the base of vertical stabs (on the inside) seems just a bit excessive. My main comment would be about the one that has the canopy removed. It looks like the canopy is a bit wide. I think you'll find this photo helpful.

Regards,

Murph

Hey Murph! thanx for the feedback! the canopy and radome I had caught, but the gun blisters had completely slipped my eye. the forward blister is a little more subtle, but obvious. thanx for the point out.

On another note, about a quarter of my best detailed pics ive gathered from the net have the name "Murph" on them. are they yours?

The flare at the base of vertical stabs (on the inside) seems just a bit excessive.

Shouldn't it be more of a diamond or kite shape too (with the long point to the top), rather than an elongated football?

Other comments - it looks like you're missing the RWRs on the wing shoulders, along with the radar deflector grooves on the edge of the leading edge flaps. Obviously it's still a work in progres though, and you're just starting the fun task of fixing the shape issues. Again, I'd suggest taking a look at my reply in this thread (my second one, about halfway down) for other problem areas to look at. It's by no means a comprehensive list of fixes and I don't claim to be an expert, but there's places that caught my eye, so you may want to check your references to see if the master matches the real aircraft.

• 6 months later...
Yes I agree Mofo, those are details that I havent gotten to yet, as right now, the basic shape of the whole aircraft is priority. Your writeup will be pretty helpful and I appreciate the link.

So what is the status on these kits to become available? the s-47 and mig 1.44?

So what is the status on these kits to become available? the s-47 and mig 1.44?

Hi Erik!

Ive had to do some project reshuffling and have been putting priority on the f-22. I do have some good progress on the mig, but left my camera battery and charger in a hotel in japan. I hope to post some updates soon. and thanks for the interest in the projects!

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics too!

Did you make the big move to Okinawa and if so do you have a cool new workshop?

Chris :banana:

Hey Chris! how are you? how you have the time to stay up on ARC is beyond me! with all the wonderful projects coming from the ZacShack!

at the time, Im waiting for a clearence to be extended, should be soon, but unfortunately, okinaa or anywhere in japan for that matter isnt known for space...so I expect to have to work from a spare bedroom. alot of nonfun for sure..... but I expect to get back to things as soon as this is resolved.

Cheers back atcha!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

your aircraft sure are going to be in great demand when in production,just wondering if you are you planing on doing any cold war soviet jets in 32 as we are a little short of choice, just a thought, mig23/25/27,su15/17/22/25 would be great,good luck, dmarett