This is the Revell kit.

1/144th scale. It's actually an excellent kit.

This livery will be OOTB BA livery.

What an attractive scheme. The decals look sublime and I can't wait to finish painting and get them on.

Here's some multiview pics of the plane before priming. I have rescribed it too... :blink:

Windows were backed up with styrene strip and then filled in with Auto putty. It's by far the most painless procedure I have used.

A319_01.jpg

A319_04.jpg

A319_02.jpg

A319_03.jpg

Currently, I have assembled the plane and primed it, cleaned up a few pinholes and smoothed out the putty.

A319_09.jpg

Next, I will shoot some more primer and rub back before painting. I haven't started on the engines yet. Everything else is primed ready for painting.

I have bought another one to do the TAP Air Portugal Euro 2004 scheme..... :cheers:

Enjoy

:huh:

Nenad

Edited by Big Kahuna

Hey Nenad,

Just between you and me :cheers: you need to remove those small flap track fairings, and fill the corresponding flap lines. These are applicable only on the A321.

The original A321 and A320 kits shared the same wing. Again the fairing and flaps had to be removed/filled for the A320. Considering Revell redesigned the wing for the A319 kit (the A319 wing is not interchangeable with the A321/£20 kitss as the fit to the fuselage is different), it was disappointingthat they didn't take the opportunity to correct this.

Is someone doing a decal for the TAP Air Portugal Euro 2004 scheme?

Roy

Something else.

Looks like you're planning on leaving the winshield clear. Have you test-fitted it There's a bit of a step at the front/top of the opening. When you fit the windshield, this leaves a horizontal gap which needs filling.

Roy

Hey Roy,

Just between you and me :cheers: you need to remove those small flap track fairings, and fill the corresponding flap lines. These are applicable only on the A321.

Roy

Thanks for not telling anyone. How embarrassment if people were to realise I missed this!... :blink:

I'll fix it before reprimering!

Is someone doing a decal for the TAP Air Portugal Euro 2004 scheme?

Yes. Watch this space!... :huh:

Just between you and me :) you need to remove those small flap track fairings, and fill the corresponding flap lines. These are applicable only on the A321.

I am building the A319 as well and I am lost about what you are talking about. "Small track fairings?" Can you show me a pix of what you are talking about? Many thanks in advance. I looked at A321 and A319 photos at Airliners.net and did not see the difference. I am not catching it.

Hi AD-4N, (I do wish people would 'sign' their name when they post) have a look at section 3 0f the building instructions, I must say, I almost missed them too, the box top correctly shows them missing. 'Airliners' has a few schemes for the Germanwings version, can't make up my mind.

:)

Robin.

Hi AD-4N,

Yes, like Robin said. It's been a while since I looked at the instructions as I've built a few of the A319/320/321 series and can probably build them blindfiolded. :bandhead2: They don't mention filling the related flap panel lines, though.

As regards the flap panel lines to be filled, here's a scan of the top of the wing with those panel lines marked. They need to be filled on the bottom as well.

Roy

Edited by buzz
  • 4 months later...

TADAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Fixed it! <_<

A319_10.jpg

A319_11.jpg

OK. Back on the building bandwagon. Seeing Sebastijan's A319 has jiggied me up to finish mine. :lol:

Everything is now primed. I am going to use Automotive Gloss White Lacquer and the Revell Blue(I forget which one(the one on the kit instructions if I recall correctly). I will then work on the engines.

A319_12.jpg

A319_13.jpg

A319_14.jpg

A319_15.jpg

Hopefully the rest will progress reasonably quickly!

:blink:

Nenad

• 10 months later...

I have since installed and corrected the front windscreen. I have reprimered it and put on one coat of white primer. The white color coats are next followed by a light polish.

This is one of the first ones I want to finish since we moved house recently.

:blink:

Nenad

Edited by Big Kahuna

Yah, the panel lines are gross.

I didn't want to mess around with them any more, but my reccomendation is to remove all lines from the body, and leave the engraving on the wings. I will be doing that on my other Bus'es and probably on most of my other airliners too.

I'll post some updated pics as soon as I get my work bench unpacked and set up again. Hoepfully over the weekend.

Regards

Nenad

I just need a non-pixelated VB girl for the noseart :thumbsup:

Mike,

If you can get a hold of a copy of Brasil Decals BD144-886, it has a much better rendition.

Nenad,

Nice A319. BA A319s remind me of Heathrow.... :bandhead2:

Nathan.