OV-10 D Bronco (NOGS)

Decided to do the three-tone NOGS Bronco, something a little different but it does look good in that wrap-around grey scheme. If anybody can reccomend any reference material, publications and such feel free to let me know as info on these is a little thin on the ground, took a trip to Hannants warehouse but found nothing at all on any of the OV-10's. I did have a copy of an old Tamiya (I think) magazine from at least 15 years ago or something like that, which had a feature on the Bronco but I no longer have it. If anybody has a copy......!

This is a pic of the items from the Testors kit that will NOT be used, these will be binned from the word 'go'.... :D

136_3700.jpg

The remaining parts of the Testors kit in this pic WILL be used....may replace the undercarriage legs (the moulded-on nose wheel will be removed anyway) and also need to make up some undercarriage bays (once they are made it would probably pay me to mould them and cast them in resin too).

137_3702.jpg

Resin and photo-etch here will be added to what remains of the kit parts.

137_3704.jpg

:rolleyes:

wohoo, another neil build!

i'll be following this one religiously(as i did with your past builds!).

Same here, same here :lol: :cheers:

Neil, this set is a whole new kit, not a conversionset! Awesome!

:banana::banana: :lol:

István

Edited by I.Illes

Neil,

I will be following this build with much anticipation! Any one know where I can get my hands on this conversion set? Are you going to be selling it again Neil - if so, how can I order one. I have the conversion set by Misson something and it does not look half as good as the Paragon set does.

Sean

It will be this one with the late props.

post-3212-1132924124.jpg

As I mentioned above, if anybody can suggest some reference material it would be very welcome. Even reference material on the OV-10 A would be usefull..... Thanks again to Erik and Erin for sending some pics already.

Also toying with the idea of dropping the flaps (which are more complicated than they first appear!) and in the past I have seen pics somewhere with the ailerons kicked and the corresponding upper wing spoilers deployed while the aircraft is parked, may do that too.

Vandy, Sean....this set has been available again for several months now, you can order direct from me if needed, or places like Hannants, North American Hobbies, Meteor etc etc.......

:bandhead2:

It will be this one with the late props.

post-3212-1132924124.jpg

As I mentioned above, if anybody can suggest some reference material it would be very welcome. Even reference material on the OV-10 A would be usefull..... Thanks again to Erik and Erin for sending some pics already.

Also toying with the idea of dropping the flaps (which are more complicated than they first appear!) and in the past I have seen pics somewhere with the ailerons kicked and the corresponding upper wing spoilers deployed while the aircraft is parked, may do that too.

Vandy, Sean....this set has been available again for several months now, you can order direct from me if needed, or places like Hannants, North American Hobbies, Meteor etc etc.......

:banana:

Oh I see!!! This will be something else!!! :cheers:

Neil,

Just a quick note on the configuration of the OV-10 on the ground. Often you will see right aileron and spoilers up and the left down, as well as the stab up. This is because there is a control lock strap that holds the pilot stick at full right and aft - the controls are all cable actuated and go where the stick is. There are no hydraulics so the surfaces don't droop.

Also I think that if you put the flaps down you will want the clam shell door closed - from what I understand the clam shell hits the flaps in the down position.

Here is a shot of my build with the "control lock" I mentioned.

cpdetails14qp.th.jpg

I hope this helps you with your decision.

Timmy!

Edited by Timmy!

Thanks for the info guy's, that's great :woo: . Just the kind of thing I am after.

Timmy, that's probably how I will model the configuration then, should look quite good.

Pete, would you know where I can get a copy of this mag? Some kind of line drawings and stuff would be very handy.

Thanks again folks.

B)

Hi Neil

Try Warplane 109 and 93. Issue 109 has a fold out cutaway drawing with wepons. Japanes book Famous Airplanes Of The World OV-10 No. 45 1994 3. There is the Squadron book. Also Flightline No. 14 Fall/winter

2003 It has a nice photos of a (ATF) all black OV-10 D with red numbers.

I have a lot of photos of OV-10A if you need them. They are in a walkaround format. Some Cockpit, wheel well

,back cargo area and etc. Let me know Vandy 1

Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

It's not necessarily just the OV-10 D info I am after, any kind of line drawings (panel lines etc) and things like undercarriage bays/legs on the OV-10 A's etc etc would be usefull, I think they were pretty much the same all across the range of aircraft. Tell the truth, scale drawings for any Bronco's would be nice.

Could anybody suggest were I may be able to buy any of the publications mentioned above?

Many thanks.

B)