OV-10 D Bronco (NOGS)

One question - the front wheelbay appears as a "part rendition", and dovetails with the actual nose you've made. Does that mean you're going to include a replacement "hooter" with the wheel well set?

Not sure yet, the solid 'D' nose is in the 0V-10D conversion set, may leave it as it is (not a great problem hollowing it out really).

Or simply include a revised hollow nose in the 'D' conversion set. Decisions, decisions........ :thumbsup:

:wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Been rather busy lately so have not had much time to spare on this. Trimmed the front of the resin cockpit tub back a bit so that it will fit in the fuselage and clear the front undercarriage bay which is in position. Also begun adding some plastic strip to the cockpit walls and positioned some blanking pieces to the inner faces of the access steps cut earlier. The position of the forward bulkhead in the u/c bay can be seen a little easier now too, as described in the previous pic.

137_3732.jpg

:blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Biginning to look like a Bronco now, all the big bits glued together with a little bit of rescribing on the fuselage and tail booms. Also rubbed off all of the rivets from the kit parts, although the Bronco is covered in them in reality, they looked a bit big in this scale and also removed and filled the very small intakes which were on the left side of each boom close to the exhausts, just under the leading edge of the wing. The open vent doors on the top of the wing/engines are pieces of plastic strip.

Hope to make a start on the undercarriage legs and the under-fuselage turret soon. By the way, if anybody has any good shots of the turret let me know, not found any close-ups of it yet. (Still not confirmed which 3 greys were used on this 'plane either !!).

137_3740.jpg

B)

I should probably clarify things when I say I need pics of the under-fuselage turret........... it's gun turret pics I am after.

Although this is not the 3-grey scheme NOGS, this is the best gun turret pic I have found, could do with some more if possible.

turret.jpg

B)

Hi Neil,

Just to let you know, I went to London and bought your sets at Hannants, thanks for the information!

Well, I don't know if you saw these pictures before but here I go:

2 shots of the cannon

There are 2 pictures of the plane and the cannon.

Hope it helps!

Mauricio, glad you were able to get the stuff ok. Thanks for posting the links to those pics, I think they are of the prototype 0V-10D though, the turret on that one is slightly different to the one I intend to make. Thanks for posting them though. :thumbsup:

A little more progress, the 4 flap sections are now fixed in place, makes things look a little more interesting with the flaps dropped I think.

137_3742.jpg

137_3743.jpg

:lol:

Jack....thanks for the link, interesting stuff there. :D

Bob....indeed it will have the nose turret, my personal favourite amongst the Bronco family, particularly in the 3-tone grey scheme it will eventually be in. :blink:

Nose turret temporarily in position, and the photo-etch detailing has been glued to the inner faces of the kit undercarriage doors (the moulded kit part numbers and ejector pin marks were filed off first.... ;) ). The 3 smaller photo-etch door parts in the foreground were glued to some 0.25mm plasticard, just to give them a little thickness, and the small piece of white plastic strip which is between the nose gear bay and the access steps on the fuselage side, is the fairing for the retractable access ladder.

137_3744.jpg

B)

Anthony....the NOGS set will be issued as a separate conversion to the A/D Bronco's once I have enough info on the underfuselage gun turret so that I can begin making it and then start moulding them. Proving extremely difficult to find good pics of that gun turret though...... :o

Danny....I think that one on the decal sheet is possibly the prototype OV-10D, which is slightly different to the one I want to do. The one on the decal sheet has a slightly different undernose turret housing and the underfuselage gun turret is a different style too.

I think this one below is very similar to the one featured on your sheet.....

ov-10-nog.jpg

......and this is the one I want to make. If you compare it to the pic above, the slightly different undernose turret and underfuselage gun turret can be made out.

post-3212-1132924124.jpg

By the way Danny, the magazine you sent me arrived this weekend, nice Bronco article !! Many thanks. :crying:

Neil - Will keep an eye out for pictures of the turret. I think I may have seen some sort of Paragon set for the OV-10D on Ebay a few minutes ago...is that yours? (I will definitely wait to buy directly from you though :D ---> free shipping ;D)

Thanks,

Anthony

Neil - I think I may have seen some sort of Paragon set for the OV-10D on Ebay a few minutes ago...is that yours?

Thanks,

Anthony

Quite possibly, but that would be the basic 'D' version, not this particular NOGS variant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...