162nd Fighter Wing, Arizona ANG

Jake, I have to say this again. Your photography is OUTSTANDING. I really like the looks of your site, and of course its been bookmarked for some time now. THANKS for posting these great pics!!

Jack aka Bugfan

excellent update Jake,as Jack said your photography is outstanding..i only wish mine was half as good.

I only have one problem with your site

The fact everytime i visit it,i see something new and sit there thinking now that would make acool model project!!...LOL

now who's gonna give me Arizona ANG decals in 1/32!!!!..

cheers,

Gary

Very impressive Jake!!!

Quick question to you and some others...

Do the 178th Fighter Wing Ohio Air National Guard F-16s fly block 50's? Thanks.

No, they're block 30s. Their article is at http://www.jakemelampy.net/ohiosabers.html

Gary, I'm the same way. I have a very short attention span when it comes to models!

Thanks, Greg!

Jake

Awesome as always Jake!

Maybe if you get another day in Tulsa, we can work a dual photo-op. They are the closest fighter unit to me, I believe.

Then there is always McConnell when I get settled in.

Jeff

You're on, buddy! I'm plannng another trip this spring chasing Vipers, and Tulsa may be in my sights.

Koen, the site is a bit F-16 heavy right now, but there are some other things in the works. I'm currently about halfway done with the 445AW site, so it should be up by late tomorrow.

Jake

Koen, the site is a bit F-16 heavy right now, but there are some other things in the works. I'm currently about halfway done with the 445AW site, so it should be up by late tomorrow.

Yeah that's more like it! I already miss seeing them at Ramstein really. :bandhead2: Excellent shots once again and I can't wait for their Galaxy's to show up at Ramstein!

Koen

Yeah that's more like it! I already miss seeing them at Ramstein really. :worship: Excellent shots once again and I can't wait for their Galaxy's to show up at Ramstein!

Koen

I think you've got a while before the C-5s start flying airlift missions. The first two jets that arrived back in October haven't moved since. they're being used as ground trainers.

Superscale 32-079

Excellent work Jake, and thanks for the CD! :wacko:

You're welcome, Greg. What did you think of it?

Jake

That's a shame. Some of the units that transitioned to the C-17 had a habbit of showing up at Ramstein fairly soon after they received them, as did the TN ANG when they started getting C-5's.

Ah well they'll show up at some time I guess...

Koen

Hi Jake!

Got any VTANG hero shots in the works?

Regards,

Pig

Hey, Pig! They're in the works. In fact, I was on the phone with them just today.

Gonna have to get the CD and see what the fuss is all about :

You got it, Dave. I'll send one out to you ASAP.

I talked to "JR", today, too.

Jake

Hey, Pig! They're in the works. In fact, I was on the phone with them just today.

You got it, Dave. I'll send one out to you ASAP.

I talked to "JR", today, too.

Jake

Getting another trip lined up?I never did make it to drill,and when I do everyone is in a meeting(or hiding :cheers: ).I need to talk to the Historian in a bad way,plus I want to take some pics of the planes/people before the tumbleweeds start blowing onto the flightline.

Much appreciated on sending the disk Jake,I can't wait to see the bunch'o Viper pics you took :thumbsup:

Edited by ThePhantomTwo
Getting another trip lined up?

Yeah, something like that. This one requires a bit more coordination, if you know what I'm talking about. I'll e-mail you later tonight.

great stuff as usual Jake - AZ ANG F-16s are among my favorite tail markings

Thanks, Ken. I like the Tucson folks, too, although they could stand a bit more colorful markings.

Jake

Jake,

Those are truly some beautiful photographs of beautiful airplanes. Being retired USAF, I am always interested in airplanes, but especially so with the C-141's that brought the POW's home. Several of my friends were guests on those flights.

Darwin