How do you make your own GB banner?

Depends on what tools you have to work with. All of the nice banners will be done by folks w/ high-powered (high-priced) drawing/manipulation tools, like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. and LOTS of graphics experience (some are professionals). I've used Power Point & Irfanview in the past since I'm not terribly good w/ PS (but I'm getting there...) and it's what I had available.

Although your tools may be limited, don't limit your imagination. Start off with a good pic & work it from there. The attached pic w/ done only w/ M$ Paint (standard on all Window's machines) in about 20 minutes.

BTW, GIMP for Windows is likely to be as powerful and comprehensive as GIMP for Linux but I haven't tried it personally.

Cheers,

svaz

Depends on what tools you have to work with. All of the nice banners will be done by folks w/ high-powered (high-priced) drawing/manipulation tools, like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. and LOTS of graphics experience (some are professionals). I've used Power Point & Irfanview in the past since I'm not terribly good w/ PS (but I'm getting there...) and it's what I had available.

Although your tools may be limited, don't limit your imagination. Start off with a good pic & work it from there. The attached pic w/ done only w/ M$ Paint (standard on all Window's machines) in about 20 minutes.

BTW, GIMP for Windows is likely to be as powerful and comprehensive as GIMP for Linux but I haven't tried it personally.

Cheers,

svaz

yeah, I dont think he wants to pay $700 for PS CS2.
  • 3 months later...
Either cut and paste it in some graphics program, or just put the code side by side in your sig. Only problem with doing the code in your sig is that someone's smaller screen size might still break it up.

The only other problem ( :cheers: ) is, that each picture will deduct from the characters allowed in the sig. I combine mine in Photoshop.

B)