There have been two F-5E aggressor sheets by TwoBobs and SuperScale in the past, TwoBobs 72-003 covered Navy and SuperScale 72-312 covered USAF and Navy, unfortunately they are both out of production, best to check eBay and such as you can still run across them from time to time.

Regards

Jim Barr

The Superscale sheet is a waste of time - I have two and they're both out of register. Also, they only allow you to build a USAF bird from the 527th AS at Alconbury - the UK-based aircraft had larger bort numbers on the nose than the 57th FWW and 64th AS aircraft.

Maybe if we ask nicely, someone will do a sheet for us :cheers:) I've tried to make them up in Corel Draw but the outline is difficult - you can't just superimpose a larger font size over a smaller on unfortunately...

Also, the actual SIZE is difficult to determine - I suspect the UK aircraft are 18" and the US ones 15" (with the outline increasing this) but cannot confirm it!

Chris St Clair

Thanks for that Jim - I wasn't aware that there WAS another sheet! Looks like I got my arse and elbow confused again...!

72-312 is the one I have - it covers USAF and USN F-5E's and T-38's and includes the 57 FWW aircraft - however it only covers the 64th AS (red bort nos outlined in yellow). It's not bad but extremely limited in scope.

I don't have -366 unfortunately - I guess that one has the larger bort nos??

Are you able to confirm the size of the markings??? 15" or 18"??

Thanks VERY much for this as I've been trying to figure this out for some time!

Regards,

Chris St Clair

Hi there :D :unsure:

Sorry to bother you but Are you planing to use the Jordanian or the Taiwan decals ??? if not maybe we can arrange some trade ???

Best regards :lol:

Armando

PD contact me directly armandogiron@yahoo.com

Sorry to bother you but Are you planing to use the Jordanian or the Taiwan decals ???

If this was direct to me then none of the sheets I have mentioned 72-312, 366, or 544 has the marking you are asking for, # 367 does have Taiwan I believe but no SuperScale sheet has F-5s from Jordan that I am aware of.

Regards

Jim Barr

Are you able to confirm the size of the markings??? 15" or 18"??

Chris

Ok I do have #366 but the numbers, which are black outlined in yellow, are the same size as on #312 which using my scale rule comes out to about 16.5", (on this sheet the yellow and black is off register)

Regards

Jim Barr

That was my thought - given the photo's I've seen, there is definately a difference between the Alconbury and Nellis a/c. I was going to go with 15" for Nellis and 18" for Alconbury, both with 1" outlines.

Any thoughts???

I'm tempted to have a go with Corel Draw and my Alps MD-1000 but I suspect it will be a long and tedious process - hopefully with the new Sword T-38. someone will do an Agressor sheet?? Mike Grant - how about it??!!

Chris St Clair

With some good photos, and a few "scavenged" decals you can model many aggressors F-5s, especially USN jets because they didn't have much in the way of markings. Two of the four 32nd F-5Es that I have built were done this way. If you need some ideas, feel free to contact me. I have quite an extensive picture database. Regards, Fred K

SuperScale also had sheet 72-544 that had Navy F-5Es and A-4s

In addition, companion sheet 72-543 has markings for Adversary NFS, VF-127 and VA-27 Tigers and Skyhawks as well.

Cheers,

Andre