Tamiya 1/32 F-16C 87-0310

Here is my latest project. I'm kitbashing the Block 50 and the Block 32 kit to create my Block 30. I wasn't too impressed with the aftermarket wheel wells so I figured I'd give it a shot with some sprue and wire. Criticism welcome.

Some shots of the mains.

mlg16fv.th.jpg

mlg20py.th.jpg

Thanks for the comments all. Yes it is a Taco jet. Our Wing King.

Jake, no I'm not on 310 anymore. I moved from the flightline to the phase docks about six months ago. In phase, all the jets are ours. Hence, 310 looked like crap at the conference. I took back most of my chromed/polished parts when I left. I'll save them and put them on my next jet. I should be back to the line in about a year. As for now, I'm enjoying the hangar life. Last week wind chill was -5 F. Today we got our first snow of the season.

Phantom, I am totally with you on this one. It would make my life a lot easier if they'd do a Block 30 or at least a conversion kit for either kit. This one has really hit the pocket book at about $350 so far. It'll be my end if I have to keep doing this. (Or if they make a family model)

Sean

Edited by Taco44

Looks awesome so far, and one of the best looking ANG Vipers to boot! I wish someone would just make the Block 30 wheels, I could live with the panel lines being off. Since were talking about your unit, do you have any pics of the NM graphic behind the cockpit on the DSE jets? I've been looking for one for a while and can't quite make out the details. Thanks.

Jeff

Looks awesome so far, and one of the best looking ANG Vipers to boot! I wish someone would just make the Block 30 wheels, I could live with the panel lines being off. Since were talking about your unit, do you have any pics of the NM graphic behind the cockpit on the DSE jets? I've been looking for one for a while and can't quite make out the details. Thanks.

Jeff

We don't have those markings anymore, but I'll see what I can dig up from the archives.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the comments all. Yes it is a Taco jet. Our Wing King.

Jake, no I'm not on 310 anymore. I moved from the flightline to the phase docks about six months ago. In phase, all the jets are ours. Hence, 310 looked like crap at the conference. I took back most of my chromed/polished parts when I left. I'll save them and put them on my next jet. I should be back to the line in about a year. As for now, I'm enjoying the hangar life. Last week wind chill was -5 F. Today we got our first snow of the season.

Phantom, I am totally with you on this one. It would make my life a lot easier if they'd do a Block 30 or at least a conversion kit for either kit. This one has really hit the pocket book at about $350 so far. It'll be my end if I have to keep doing this. (Or if the make a family model)

Sean

Hi Sean

Any chance that you could send me or post a picture of "your" bird here? Also for an "outsider" what do you mean with ..."I took back most of my chromed/polished parts when I left"...?

I am currently building the Tamiya Block 50, just not sure what decals to use yet. All the really cool looking birds seem to be Block 30/32 ones of the ANG.

Merry Christmas from Germany

Uwe

Hi Jake

Thanks for directing me to your page, that commander's conference must have been on hell of an event, at least for the spotters/modellers...

Now I wish I would have bought the Thunderbirds kit...is there any ANG unit that flies the Block50? Or at least a Block 40, I could do this since I have the BB cockpit that comes with the War HUD. I hope someone will come up with decals for all those conference birds soon.

cheers

Uwe

Hi Jake

Thanks for directing me to your page, that commander's conference must have been on hell of an event, at least for the spotters/modellers...

Now I wish I would have bought the Thunderbirds kit...is there any ANG unit that flies the Block50? Or at least a Block 40, I could do this since I have the BB cockpit that comes with the War HUD. I hope someone will come up with decals for all those conference birds soon.

cheers

Uwe

Unfortunately, there are no current ANG users of the block 40. New Mexico had them up until 2003, and Des Moines had them for less than a year.

Jake

Ok guys, the wheel wells are painted and have a light wash. I still need to put on the light lenses and decals. Hope you enjoy.

Oh yeah, South Carolina ANG has Block 52s and Des Moines, Tulsa, and Toledo have Block 42s for the moment. You would still need a Small mouth/Pratt combo though.

Here's the pics:

Edited by Taco44