Tamiya 1/32 F-16C 87-0310

Also for an "outsider" what do you mean with ..."I took back most of my chromed/polished parts when I left"...?

Sorry, forgot to answer this one. Crew chiefs, being the sick people they are, like their jet to look nice. Many polish/chrome many of the small parts on their jets as a personal touch. One example is the hubcaps on the MLG wheels or the nut and spacer on the nose. (Thunderturds do this also) Some go as far to polish the hyd lines in the wheel wells while others are happy just polishing pitot and air data probes.

Since I did the work or paid for it, I took most of my parts and returned standard issue parts to the jet. My parts will rise again once I get another jet.

Sean

Oh yeah, thanks again for the comments guys. I received my BB cockpit today. Can't wait to see it put together.

Sorry, forgot to answer this one. Crew chiefs, being the sick people they are, like their jet to look nice. Many polish/chrome many of the small parts on their jets as a personal touch. One example is the hubcaps on the MLG wheels or the nut and spacer on the nose. (Thunderturds do this also) Some go as far to polish the hyd lines in the wheel wells while others are happy just polishing pitot and air data probes.

Since I did the work or paid for it, I took most of my parts and returned standard issue parts to the jet. My parts will rise again once I get another jet.

Sean

Oh yeah, thanks again for the comments guys. I received my BB cockpit today. Can't wait to see it put together.

Yup,we are sick puppies aren't we :lol: We did all the above you mentioned on my last jet before I retired,the MLG hubcaps were chrome and with unit emblem engraved on them.On all the jets I've crewed I bet I've kept the supplier of the scotch pads,cleaner,paper towels,ect. in the black and rolling in the green :lol: I just liked having a clean jet I guess.....Taco,do you also polish your JFS exhuast door?

Taco,do you also polish your JFS exhuast door?

Yep. JFS door, EPU exhaust, ribs under comm/bit ball panels as well as switches, pitot, air data, total temp probes, NLG spacer, nut, and washer, MLG hubcaps, unpainted hyd lines, EPU pin, IFR drain tubes, and soon to be halon bottle.

Yep. JFS door, EPU exhaust, ribs under comm/bit ball panels as well as switches, pitot, air data, total temp probes, NLG spacer, nut, and washer, MLG hubcaps, unpainted hyd lines, EPU pin, IFR drain tubes, and soon to be halon bottle.

Nice to see ANG crew chiefs keeping the tradition of having the cleanest jet's around! :D

i got a buddy former F-111F CrewChief who then girlfriend/now wife always said his jet was 'The Other Woman' in that he was always spending more time............... and cash on chromed items for his beloved jet than he ever spent on her...i guess that goes for most crewchief's regardless of the jet they work on.

do you have any pics of the NM graphic behind the cockpit on the DSE jets? I've been looking for one for a while and can't quite make out the details.

Well, I couldn't find any up close pics of them on a jet, but we have them on one of our trailers. They were painted on all our jets when we had the Block 40s. Now, with the new dickie bird tail, this graphic has been dropped by even the DSE jets. When it was on the jets, it was located on both sides in Nuetral Gray. The bird always faced forward. To my knowledge, no one ever made these on a decal sheet as they were left off on the SS sheet from a few years back.

Hope this helps.

The left side.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, it's been a long time. Had to go all the way to page 6 to find my topic. Well, I've tried to stay busy. I've attached the intake and done some body work to get it all to fit nicely. Here are the latest pics. This first one is my own "seamless" intake.

• 5 months later...

Holy Crap!! Page 40!!!! I almost gave up hope. Sorry guys for the delay. We have been extremely busy at work and I've been deployed for a little while. Well, now that I'm back, here's some progress. I threw together the engine bay and the engine. Now keep in mind that I'm building this with the engine installed so there is very little modifications done. Mostly just slapped together and painted. Hope ya'll enjoy. Criticism welcome.

Edited by Taco44