Fine Molds Millenium Falcon in stock!

The molding quality of the kit's greeblies looks very good and the bits look very delicate. You could use plastic rod, but I don't think you will need to if you assemble this model according to the instructions. I'm working on a full review right now.

I ordered mine late Monday, got the shipping confirmation yesterday. From what George said, I expect mine sometime next week, though it could be the week after.

Ok, shipping notice on 12/21, USPS tried to deliver it 12/27, picked up at P.O. this morning, haven't even gotten to open it yet, it's still in the back of the car (and *no* way I'm telling you jokers where I work or what I drive, since I'd still like it to be there later... :thumbsup: ).

Paid a fair chunk o'change for shipping, but I think I definitely got my $$ worth in speed...

Got it home, opened it up, pawed through the plastic, carefully boxed it back up and tried to find a place to put the box safely since there's no way I can build it now (nowhere to put it after completion...).

All I can say is...WOW...

Word has always been that the studio model was built up out of whatever kinds of parts were at hand, including recognizable kit parts. Well, Fine Molds has captured that level of detail. A quick scan over the sprues turned up the upper forward hull and the engine deck from a Panther, and the upper forward hull of a Sherman...

The only (very minor) faults I've found are the figures (not as nice as previous FM kits) and the landing gear supports (part A25) should be "spoked" and hollowed, not solid. Very minor, and the interchangeable gear down/up adds flexibility for display options.

Got mine today. :)

Just one word : absolutly stunning... :cheers:

Certainly one of the best designed kit I ever saw (including many aircrafts), very well packaged, color pics of the original 32 inches maquette and of the finished model. 900 parts of pure pleasure...

This is the Star Wars modelers "holy Grail"

Griz

I was looking forward to receiving mine before i discovered that Parcelforce would take longer to get it from Coventry to Essex than it took to get to the UK from Japan! Not only that, ive had to pay customs and charges of £37 which means in total its cost me £170 !! :lol:

At least my Studio scale X-wing sailed through withought a charge

The only (very minor) faults I've found are the figures (not as nice as previous FM kits) and the landing gear supports (part A25) should be "spoked" and hollowed, not solid. Very minor, and the interchangeable gear down/up adds flexibility for display options.

I noticed that also. Been asking around to see if anybody would be up for making a PE version of them.