:D

I should have noticed it before... apparently with every kit I have the same problem (except the Tamigawas): the vertical stabilizer isn't vertical at all :P Have a look!

DSCN0480_modifi__-1.jpg

After a hot bath in boiling water, and a "special" massage, I could straighten things up :rofl:

DSCN0482_modifi__-1.jpg

Happy modelling!

Pierre

Edited by Scalephantomphixer

The completed rudder, rescribed to create the skinny effect, then fabric covered (paper tissue). Paint is a mix of Alclad dark aluminum and Rotring ink for the shades. Note the separate trim tab and its control rod.

DSCN0486_modifi__-1.jpg

I built a jig to hold the fuselage, and started the re-scribing work. First is high-lightning all panel lines.

DSCN0487_modifi__-1.jpg

Pierre, NICE!!! I just wanted to ask, you sure the Rudder is like that?? It looks grainy like a bad finish, but knowing you that is impossible... so I think it looks odd....

Still, I can't wait for the remainder of the bird!!!!

Keep it up :cheers: MAZTER

Take Care

Looks like Audrey Hepburn for me..=)...

:thumbsup:

.. why there would be such a "skiny effect" on the ruder of a DC-3?

You are right, it's just too much. Maybe I should soften even further the shadow paint effect I applied over the aluminum finish to enforce the skinny effect. As for Mario's comment about the surface: I tried to replicate a fabric covered rudder, but the tissue I used seems inappropriate. And the glue / paint clogged the mesh, leading to this grainy finish. Oh well, let's consider redoing the rudder... :thumbsup:

- Pierre

May be I can help you here.

The immitate fabric covered surface, especially rudder, you should bear in mind that tension of fabric is very high so you may do it either:

1. by gluing thin stripes of foil over ribs thus simulating those real stripes which are used to strengthen joins of fabric and ribs.

2. by masking inside the ribs and then airbrushing primer over in order to build up some layer to represent again those real stripes (see above).

Both methods worked fine for me before.

I hope this will help =)

Thanks Kasatka, I will give it a try :cheers:

I started applying foil to the body. All I can say is that this is a teadious job :blink: I re-did the first two panels 4 times! Either the cut was wrong, or a dust speck sneaked itself under the foil, or the "stressed skin" enravures were too obvious, etc At last I got on the three first panels, with an acceptable result. The fancy thing is that if you are not satisfied with the result, you can just peel off the panel, and restart. Easier than paint <_<

Close

DSCN0488_modifi__-1.jpg

Closer

DSCN0489_modifi__-1.jpg

Even closer...

DSCN0491_modifi__-1.jpg

:o

:cheers:

Y'know Pierre, that is a really neat effect.

It looks very good to me.

I could see you applying the foil to a 1/32nd scale F4 in the future............ and then painting it!

That would be awesome eh?

Keep up the terrific work. You're an inspiration. :blink:

<_<

Lovely job, Pierre.

I'm still amazed not only by your work but by your rapidity!

Regards from Belgium in souvenir of a nice meeting in Brussels already two years ago

Happy New year to all the family

Bob

PS:saw on your site you're a specailist in Six-sigma (DMAIC,DMO and all the stuff...) Busy with that at work to.