• 2 weeks later...

The last pictures from my Dakota build, featuring the Citroën Traction 11CV. The car contains a magnet. Moving the car backwards starts the engine run-up sequence of the plane :blink:

This topic is now finished. I hope you enjoyed the build. Thanks for all the nice comments !

Cheers,

Pierre

DSCN1161_modifi__-2.jpg

DSCN1163_modifi__-2.jpg

DSCN1156_modifi__-2.jpg

DSCN1157_modifi__-2.jpg

DSCN1159_modifi__-2.jpg

I love watching your day to day progress on each of your builds that you do. Truely amazing what you can accomplish and what you have the patience for, cause I don't have that sort of patience. My only nit pick, and it's not meant to degrade you work, etc. It is the fact that I find most foil jobs just show to many flaws in the top coat. It would of taken anyone a month of Sundays to get that model perfect flawless for a foil finish. An undertaking I wouldn't wanna face, nor would anyone.

Again, not berating your work. It does look awesome none-the-less. :D

Beautiful work- you have every right to be proud. I'd just like to thank you for showing us your progress- I know I learned a lot, and gained much encouragement and inspiration, from sitting by you as you undertook this epic task.

Now, as bru(no) asked: what's next? :banana:

I, too, would like to know if you ran into any problems with the decals.

My B17 needed a few on the interior parts but they lifted off when dry. Future held them down, but I'm afraid to use the Future on the foiled parts -- but I'm going to need to keep them from peeling away somehow. Any light you can shed on the matter would be most appreciated.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled wall-pounding.

Tried also few times to apply some foil on parts - and that is heavy difficult...I can't imagine how to do a whole bird in metal...respect!! outstanding finish!!!..an thx for the swiss version;)!!

Cool mal öpper us de schwiz da aztreffe!!...da gits leidr vill z'wenig modellbauer!!:D

...ou parles-tu français?;)...très difficile quand tu écris selement switzerland!;)

merci quand-même.!!:D

dave

...Cool mal öpper us de schwiz da aztreffe!!...da gits leidr vill z'wenig modellbauer!!:D

...ou parles-tu français?;)...très difficile quand tu écris selement switzerland!;)...

Je serai à l'expo de Bâle les 7-8 Octobre... tu m'offres une petite ?

I mache a de Usstellig i Basel am 7-8 Oktober mit. Me chönd eis zàme ziehe ;-)

I'll attend the Basle modelling exhibition on 7-8 October... :D

Edited by Scalephantomphixer

chan ebä das wuchenand nöd...huere schad.. wär mega gern gange!!...abr ich hoffe s'git irgendwo bilder z'gseh (modellversium.de...?)...mal luege..

abr merci..!

han mich bis jez nonig so a schwizer markierige anegwagt - wür abr huere gern mal e F/A-18 boue...häsch da scho erfahrige demit gmacht?!...decals?

HI Pierre!!! Amazing job!!!

Just one question... how do you do with the decals?? I mean, did apply any clear coat to the decals to protect them??

Regards and Congrats

Andrés

I, too, would like to know if you ran into any problems with the decals.

My B17 needed a few on the interior parts but they lifted off when dry. Future held them down, but I'm afraid to use the Future on the foiled parts -- but I'm going to need to keep them from peeling away somehow. Any light you can shed on the matter would be most appreciated.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled wall-pounding.

HEY PIERRE!!!! Any answer to this question??? :cheers: :(

Regards

Andres

Regarding decals

I trimmed the carrier film away from each decal, to the extend that the decal "Swissair" became 8 decals of 1 letter.

No surface preparation (Future or so). I applied the decals directly to the foil, with the help of some Micro SOL & SET.

No overcoating either with Future. Just a plain, dumb, straight forward process. No lifting, no cracking, nothing at all. Believe me or not, it was the easiest decalling session I ever had :blink:

Edited by Scalephantomphixer
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...