How many here own an airbrush?

Do you own an AB  

232 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no

• yes
    • no

Did you REALLY think anyone would answer with a simple "yes" or "no"?

Mine:

Paasche VL - great brush, extremely versatile

Badger 100G - great balance and control, outstanding paint mileage

Paasche H - 25 years old, in a jar somewhere waiting to be recalled to active duty

OK, I knew we were an minority, but - 5%? Is everyone living in houses? I have no money issues, but where the heck would I expell the fumes with my neighbours children room ventilation sitting one meter beneath my window?

And if I did this as my "job" I certainly would get a AB... As it is, it's a hobby, and I try to do as best I can within the practical limitations I have.

I currently have a Paasche H, however, I plan on upgrading to a Tamiya Spray Works HG and HG Superfine after the first of the year...

I have been offically banned from buying anything model related until after Christmas by the wife... :D . She never lets me have any fun. :worship:

Brian

Well........ Geedubelyer :wave: :D

Won't get you started, but like to know why B)

Oh yeah, i have a Paasche v and a Sata for bigger parts

You just can't accomplish the "look" without an airbrush. I'm not saying you can't do a great job without one... just a better job with one. Like you said... for bigger parts...

Actually not a simple question. I have one (Paasche double-action), but I don't use it. I've tried it a couple of times, but haven't really gotten the hang of it. More importantly, it's hideously inconvenient considering I do most of my work on the dining room table, within sight of the tv...

I still need a moisture trap (necessary for airbrushing in soggy British Columbia). :worship:

Well it does not always RAIN HERE in BC...... I have to take the canoe out to the store :banana:

Lets see

3 Badgers 350, 155 ,175.....

2 Aztech 470 ...220 for Big jobs

1 Iwata HP-B for fine work.....

Water in the house start the pumps....

Edited by Thor

Started out with a chinese copy of a Badger 350 (piece of crap nozzle but good for cutting the teeth on..)

Have an Aztek for the last 3-4 years and only now on my second set of nozzles. Do all my spraying and 95% of my building in a timber garden shed that is my workshop about 10 feet from the back door of the house. Have electric light, power and heat supplied. Open the door and window when spraying and still use a respirator. Kinda cold for that on these nights so try to do it in daylight hours (very difficult at this time of year....)

Roy

I own a Harder und Steenbeck's Evolution.

Ricardo

Same here and been happy ever since I´ve bought it. My Iwata HP-B, Aztek 470, Badger 150 and all the others are not used anymore, are rather backups now.

István

• 8 months later...

hi guys, got a revell vario double action had it about 3 years now no problems at all before that badger

100 single action great brush to start with wife threw it out by mistake :).

want to look at the iwata's at telford.

andy.

I never had one as a kid but when I started back up I bought a

Badger 200NH (single-action, internal-mix, siphon-feed)

then I quickly out-grew it and moved on to a

Badger 150 (dual-action, internal-mix, siphon-feed)

The fine needle just ****** me off so then I went to a

Iwata HP-CS (dual-action, internal-mix, gravity-feed)

Lately I use the Iwata for everything except for gloss/matt; I drift back to the Model 200 for

wider coverage.

This is all in 7 months :blink:

:)