Elmendorf Eagles

Afew pics can be seen here.

Eagleworld

I also have alarge number of images of Elmendorf F-15's,if you have a timeframe or perticular Eagle tail number your looking for i'll check my files.

As for the Blackjack...i dunno,maybe they were kept busy by many other types back in the bad ol' days...

Thanks mungo. I'm just looking for generic markings. This bird is part 1 of a diorama; part two is coming from the my entry into the Heavies GB. :D

I think just a top, bottom, & sides would be ideal. Also, are there any AK decal sheets out there?

Also, are there any AK decal sheets out there?

Depends on scale really although i think all are now OOP

Superscale did a sheet in both 1/72 & 1/48 which had a old 21TFW F-15A on it from around 1988

Repliscale did a sheet which had the same jet as above plus later 3rd WG jets in the Mod-Eagle scheme.

Twobobs did a 19FS Gamecocks sheet in 1/48..

then theres a 'Alaskan Air Group' boxing of the 1/48 Hase kit.

• 2 weeks later...

There sure are! Twobobs has a sheet with enough markings on it to make 3 birds - i think...

I may actually join this GB. I want to build my Hasegawa F15J, F-15C (AK bird) and an F-15DJ in that crazy blue camoflage - 88-8088 i think may be the bird.

Now which one should i start???

• 1 month later...
Afew pics can be seen here.

Eagleworld

I also have alarge number of images of Elmendorf F-15's,if you have a timeframe or perticular Eagle tail number your looking for i'll check my files.

Hi Mungo1974.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the 79-075 bird from Elmendorf? I recently bought the 1:72 Academy F-15C kit and this is the only option that comes with the kit (I’m happy about it, since I want to build an AK Eagle). It has a nice nose-art: the silhouette of Alaska with the inscription “Anchorage†across it (similar to the one carried by the 21st TFW bird on the Superscale sheet 72-583). I am looking for information about this particular plane, and also about this period of time when Elmendorf Eagles carried this nose-art (to be more specific, I would like to know if they carried AMRAAMs at that time).

Thanx in advance, Roland

Roland,

I've only got one image of 79-0075 in 'AK' colours,the rest are earlier while serving @ Bitburg.The images shows the starboard side of the jet (ie not the nose art side) but if you'd like to see it PM me your email adddress as its copyrighted so i while not post it here in ARC.

The nose art is a regular feature of all 21TFW/3WG F-15A/C/E flagship's.

The markings in the Academy kit are for a early Compass Ghost F-15C,this basically ties the jet down to a 1988-1990 time frame,as Elmendorf jets were amongst the first to change over to the newer Mod-Eagle scheme in Mid 1991.

Because of the timeframe it would NOT be fitted with Amraams,standard load would be AIM-9/AIM-7's

Regards,

Gary

Gary,

thank you very much for your reply. I sent you my e-mail address using the little PM icon in the lower left section, but maybe I did something wrong, and you didn't get it. If so, please let me know, and I'll try to do it again. I would really like to see a photo of the real plane before doing it because there are a number of uncertain things about the Academy decal-placing drawing.

Thank you very much again.

Roland

Gary,

thank you very much for your reply. I sent you my e-mail address using the little PM icon in the lower left section, but maybe I did something wrong, and you didn't get it. If so, please let me know, and I'll try to do it again. I would really like to see a photo of the real plane before doing it because there are a number of uncertain things about the Academy decal-placing drawing.

Thank you very much again.

Roland

Hi Roland,

I got your PM,but plain forgot about sending the pics...you should now have mail re: 79-0075

cheers,

Gary

Edited by mungo1974
  • 1 year later...