Aurora/Polar Light Godzilla

I would like to know the approximate scale of the Aurora/Polar Lights Godzilla, so that I will have a frame of referance when considering purchases of kits with a given scale,in the same family of Toho creations.

Felinoid

Don't know that I can answer that. Godzilla's size seems to change even during the same film.

Height

* 50 Meters (1954-1975)

* 80 Meters (1984-1989)

* 100 Meters (1991-1995)

* 55 Meters (1999 - )

55 meters is the one most quoted. The Aurora/PL kit is 8" high which is approx 1/270th scale.

PL also released a 16" version (would love to find one of them at a good price) which would be approx 1/135th scale or pretty close to 1/144th scale (close enough to use models of that scale).

Hope this helps some (but probably confuses more).

Phil,

Actually it does help. The model is based on Godzilla as he appeared in Godzilla Vs. Mothra (1964 version), the head/body detail is good but the tail is way too short. So knowing the information you gave me, I can go from there.

The larger scale PL kit is a mainstay of Godzilla Model And Kits on ebay, I've bid a few times but it goes out of my price range rather quickly, ends up going at around $45-50. Not a bad deal, having seen it built up, but just a little past my range. Should have bought one for $15 when HobbyTown USA closed near here...

The Lindberg 1995 kit isn't all that bad, apart from a too-small head, got it for $12 on ebay. Needs lots of care with seams (it's a snap kit, break off the tabs it fits better) andd 1/2 a tube of Squadron putty, but looks nice built up and painted/washed/drybrushed.

Thanks again for the info. :thumbsup: The Big G rocks!