Aggressor Eagle

Maybe theyll get some A-10s to act as Su-25s!

That sounds cool....re-organize the 26th or the 527th!!! Don't know much about Su-25 paint schemes but there must be some cool ones out there!

Chappie

The Thunderbirds receiving frontline Block 52 jets is just the standard practice that they use what operational squadrons use - which in some respect... but then again besides Nellis, isn't the 389FS at Mountain Home the only active duty unit to fly the Block 52? Guess the Air Force has decided to jump on to the BRAC realignment early - I thought that the 389 wouldnt lose jets until 2008-2009 when the 90FS from Elmendorf moves to Mountain Home and for a year was suppose to have 4 squadrons. Now my wonder is - if the 90FS deactivates and the 390FS becomes dark grey eagles or the 390FS is the one that deactivates.

I was digging around my pictures and caome across this shot of #82-028...seems this Eagle is no stranger to not so typical paint colors on it! :rolleyes:

This picture was taken NAS Point Mugu in July, 1987.

Your picture didn't pop up but I'd love to see it. Try again?

• 2 weeks later...

Read the news that the 65TH Aggressor Sq. will be activating in less than a week.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123013928

Very happy to see an official U.S. Air Force F-15s Aggressor squadron. That should be a neat sight to see over the skies of Nevada and new F-15 builds here. B) I personally can't wait to see a two-tone blue Eagle with the white nose simulating Flankers.

Just thinking outloud, so don't snap my head off ... why are we still using traditional WARSAW PACT/USSR schemes when we are no longer in a Cold War with them? Why don't we paint our aggressor jets in a more Middle Eastern or East Asian flavor?

Just thinking outloud, so don't snap my head off ... why are we still using traditional WARSAW PACT/USSR schemes when we are no longer in a Cold War with them? Why don't we paint our aggressor jets in a more Middle Eastern or East Asian flavor?

I suspect there's a political motivation behind why we don't see Aggressors in North Korean, Iranian or Chinese schemes and markings. They would interpret that as our forces are preparing to attack them specifically. However, I have seen pix of Navy F-5s wearing Iranian and North Korean flags

Hey looking forward to this one in decal form!

Having said that, what do y'all think about this.....

A generic "Aggressor" sheet, that has 0-9 in the yellow bordered red numbers, squad and aggressor style badges, tails black-yellow check bands, and a whole bunch of WA tail codes in black and dark grey, plus "AF" numbers. Done in the 3 scales for F-16, F-15 and F-5. (the numbers are bigger on f-5's than 16's, don't know about the 15's yet)

Thoughts?

C'mon Bob, you 'd make a killing!!!

M

Several Navy adversary and Air Force agressor planes have a desert scheme that is not unlike that used by many potential threat countries. You're right though, the blue Flanker-style paint jobs aren't quite as prevalent outseid the former Soviet Union.

Well, the blue/gray splinter's do look FRIGGIN' COOL! ( Viggen style camo worn by a few F-16N's comes to mind), It might not be practicle compaired to the more realistic stuff out there, but it is very distinguished. Plus noone can say you're targeting their chunk of rock.

Ves :rofl:

Hi Mister Hasegawa ???????????

Yes...I would like a bunch of 24 F-15C Eagles............

On 48th scale yes.....

For what ???? : a whole agressor squadron in my office ! :banana: :lol: :banana::banana:

Hell, I'd be happy with a new tool 1/48 -15C from R/M.

Matt B)