"Little Miss Mischief" again...

Ted, here's a shot for you. If you have a chance, try this. Your looking for just regular sterofoam- like the stuff in pillows. Any fabric store should have it.

OK fellas, more to come. Thank you for your interest. :thumbsup:

Blue skies, Wiggy

So I sprayed the clear gloss top coat last night. I layed it down pretty heavy. Had to deal with two runs :) but was no problem. Still a little tacky but man, you hold a 12 inch ruler next to it and you get a foot of shine! Pics coming...

Blue skies, Wiggy

Hey Wiggy!

Let me say that I'm very impressed by your work. Additionally, I have a great respect for people that take on these kinds of jobs for veterans or their families.

The first time I ever built a kit for a veteran, was for a member of the 457th Bomber group. My in-laws new the guy from their trips to Florida and acquired (not through the veteran) a photo of his aircraft.

I spend the next couple of months building his exact aircraft, a B17G. (Using the Monogram 1/48)

My in-laws delivered it on there next trip down. Now here’s the part that surpised me and really made me think...

I received a call from him thanking me for the model. He wasn’t 20 seconds into the thank-you when I realized he was having trouble getting it out because he was breaking down and crying. He just squeaked out the thank you and couldn't respond to any of my statements of thanks. What does a person go through in their life that almost 60 years later, they still can’t seem to speak about it? What sacrifice? What challenges? What amount of loss?

I consider building a kit for a veteran or a member of his family, the greatest honour of all. You know when it's sitting in their home that it's not just another nice model, it's a treasured item representing a real story. A place in history.

Build with pride.

Hey Man, thanks a lot for the nice words.

Yeah, its pretty special. It is an honor.

I did this FM2 for the pilot's daughter. She was so pleased... and started talking about Dad...

More LMM pics coming...

Blue skies, Wiggy

• 2 months later...

Hey thanks Man. :cheers:

Its funny, before I glued the wings on, it was just all these subassemblys laying about. Now its actually a model: 26" x 19"!

You know, big birds take a while to build-up (over a year on the bench- just no time...) and you need some room to display them. However, I do enjoy the big birds. The end result is like a full coarse meal, not just a cheese burger.

More to come...

Blue skies, Wiggy

I like the table!!! The pics as you are building you kits must be really inspriring....

What are you using for the BMF? I just tried the Tamiya BM Silver and got a good finish but I like to try different products!

The -17 is beautiful!!!!

• 2 months later...

Greetings friends. Hope everyone is enjoying their Summer. I've been spending way too much time on the motorcycle.

Did manage some progress and wanted to post. I've got all the greenhouse glass and guns finished. The engines are mounted, top turret completed and the radio wires are in place. Couple more whiskers yet. Still need another session with the airbrush. Home stretch! :wacko:

Blue skies, Wiggy

LMM6.jpg