CMK F-16CJ cockpit & wheel wells question

Hi,

I was looking into purchasing CMK resin cockpit and wheel wells for my Tamiya F-16CJ.Does anybody know if these sets are worth the money and how the cockpit compates to Black Box offering?I am not sure as CMK cockpit retails for AUD 25.00 and BB set is AUD 55.00 down here.Is it another case of "you get what you pay for"?

Thanks for your help,and have a great Christmas,Miro. :D

Not sure about the cockpit, but I have the wheel wells to be added to an Academy CJ. It looks good to me, just peering through the box. And, unlike the 1/48 Aires set, it's broked down so it should be significantly easier to paint.

Sorry, not much help, but definitely more detail than the stock Academy ones!

Spongebob

Not sure if this help. I have got a BB cockpit for the Academy 1/32 F-16 and a CMK cockpit for my Tamiya CJ. The CMK is cheaper but I like the BB cockpit set better. I personally like BB's detail better. Can't say much about the resin quality though.

cheers, :rolleyes:

Hi,

I was looking into purchasing CMK resin cockpit and wheel wells for my Tamiya F-16CJ.Does anybody know if these sets are worth the money and how the cockpit compates to Black Box offering?I am not sure as CMK cockpit retails for AUD 25.00 and BB set is AUD 55.00 down here.Is it another case of "you get what you pay for"?

Thanks for your help,and have a great Christmas,Miro. :cheers:

Hello from Germany

I just am in the process of building the Tamiya F-16 using the CMK wheel well set and the BB cockpit. I can send you pictures of the two sets in the half finshed fuselage if yo send me your e-mail address. The CMK set is well worth the money. I bought it in Prague a couple of weeks ago when I was there on business, the price there is 10EUR! Havn't seen the CMK cockpit yet but the BB one is excellent...well almost! What I do not like is that the instruments and the dash are in one piece. It makes painting them very difficult. I am thinking about using the Tamiya dash and panel and just add the scribed holes and slits to it. The Tamiya HUD has a clear part as do the monitors. Would it be too much to put a little green LED behind it? Should look super when lit up in the dark...what do you think?

cheers

Uwe