Babylon 5 vs Star Trek

When was the last time you saw a planet killer on V'ger... ok original series I'll grant you!

White Star Vs anyhing starfleet......

PS Anyone else buying the B5 script books ...?

Edited because poor typing makes Zathrus cry...... :crying:

Edited by Scotsman

I watched DS9, but never really got fully *into* it ("To Boldly Sit and Spin Where Everyone Has Sat and Spun Before..."). The Dominion war really did nothing for me, although the character and culture developments (including the Ferengi and the Cardassians during their collapse) were well done.

Voyager lost me fairly quickly. Didn't take them long to prove that the one thing that was not in short supply was their Federation-issue Stupid Pills.

I really liked Enterprise, especially the last season, but then I'm a sucker for the early and in-between timeframes (about the only of the novels I still read). The whole Xindi weapon ARC was well- if a bit over-done, but it was not what the series needed right then.

What I'd love to see in Trek is more of an anthology series. 1-4 episode stories, each with different crews on different ships, showing that the interesting stuff doesn't only happen to ships named Enterprise. Crews (and writers) that do well with the audience could be brought back occasionally, but for the most part it would span the width and breadth of the Federation (could even hit different time periods easily enough), and just give a good variety. Without stars on long-term contracts, you might even see a ship fail and be destroyed, or maybe succeed but not survive.

As an original series Trekkie, I have to agree whole heartedly! Nice to see a series whose creator can actually write GOOD episodes, not just "polish" the work of others and claim it as his own. Interesting characters and jaw dropping developments "I'm John's wife" "The only man to have defeated a Minbari cruiser is behind me...you are in front of me!" and a host of excellent lines...DS9 had a few episodes where my mind had to actually work a bit, but B5 ALWAYS made my mind work, sometimes rather hard at times (especially when the local station broadcast an entire season in reverse order...YOU watch a time travel two part B5 episode in reverse and see if YOUR brain doesn't bleed!

Trek is still interesting, but in a fast food way, not a high end quality mental meal...

Oh, and Lyta..mmm...redheads...with black eyes! EEEK!

Oh I'm a big fan of both B5 and Star Trek.

I've been colecting the series for years along with Stargate SG-1, X-files and Buffy the vampire slayer.

Wich I like best. is impossible to tell. I like'em all. I really can't match them in any way.

I'd say B5 and DS 9 is my favorites with Voyager on a good 3'rd

Claudia Christian

Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Force 2IC Babylon 5 Didn't she pose in Playboy? I was told that by someone.

She certainly did, I have the mag in my bookcase somewhere :blink: