• 3 weeks later...

Mmm, in progress shots sort of fell by the wayside!

Here it is ready for painting - at this stage the wing, main wheels and engine pod are just tacked/push fitted on for the photo.

Been a reasonably straightforward build - I decided to do it SFTB, so added nothing to the cockpit and didn't replace the wing guns, which are a bit over scale - I just drilled out the ends.

Forward fuselage upper section was a bit of a chore - the top piece was wider than the fuselage, so needed a lot of filling and sanding to get right - there is Squadron White, Mr Surfacer 500 and super glue in there!

My method for MB biplanes is to build the fuselage and central fuselage strut sections, then tack the upper wing on with PVA. You can then set the lower wing angle properly - outer wing struts are added at the same time (With PVA at the bottom end and onto the top wing with plastic weld)

Then a little hot water removed the PVA and you are left with a fuselage/lower wing and an upper wing with attached outer struts.

Fill and clean up as usual!

Just got to drill the rigging holes then out with the paints!

Gladiator4.JPG

Edited by Dave Fleming